THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
A continual evolving and growing company who believe in hiring the best people who are as committed in creating incredible experiences for their customers.
Scope of Position
Our client is seeking a Vice-President, Information Technology to become a vital part of a growing and dynamic organization. Ideally the candidate will be based in Ottawa; however, residence in the GTA is also an option. Regardless of where they are based working virtually is a possibility and, if required, relocation will be provided. In this leadership role, you will report to the Chief Financial Officer and be accountable for the company’s North American IT systems, representing over 1000 users. The Vice-President, Information Technology will leverage his/her extensive experience, leadership and communication skills to lead a team of IT professionals responsible for all of the company’s Information Technology solutions and services.
The company provides competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and strong opportunity for career growth. The company is looking for an individual who can motivate others with a positive professional attitude; is honest, reliable and a leader; and can provide outstanding client services by managing self and others with urgency, practicality and accountability. In addition, the responsibilities will include key decision making as well as challenging, negotiating and influencing the team. Being part of the leadership team, you will advance the production of innovative ideas that are sound and progressive, challenge the status quo, and encourage creativity in the team.
The Vice-President, Information Technology role will appeal to a confident, proactive, high-energy individual who thrives in a lean, high-paced, high-growth environment. He/she will recognize that this role represents a unique opportunity to build on past successes and to help drive the continued growth of a true Canadian success story.
- Lead the company’s IT organization consisting in support of the company’s lines of business.
- Build and foster relationships and establish a partnership with stakeholders in each of the company’s Operating Groups, throughout Canada and the United States.
- Work in collaboration with key senior stakeholders to ensure the Business strategy and IT strategy are aligned and managed via an integrated roadmap.
- A strong, team-oriented leader, who can gain the trust of colleagues quickly, build strong relationships within the organization, instill a culture of partnership with other areas of the business, and develop a spirit of collegiality and engagement.
- Lead a comprehensive Cyber Security program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of the company’s network, infrastructure and data.
- Ensure, on an ongoing basis, that current and planned technical architecture, investments and solutions are aligned with business objectives.
- Build the Network & Communicate the vision – create the necessary internal networks among the information technology team and line-of- business executives.
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight and monitoring of IT systems performance and controls.
- Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including vendors, and partner organizations.
- Identify opportunities for continuous growth and learning within the IT team, while fostering a high-performance culture.
- Keep current with technologies, trends, and issues in the IT industry, and advise stakeholders on competitive and financial impacts.
- Prepare and monitor IT operational and project budgets.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction; Clarifies roles and responsibilities; Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Recognizes when change is necessary; Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives; Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change; Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
Quickly adapts to new situations and approaches; Open to change and readily adopts new methods in the face of shifting priorities and ambiguity; Can alter own perspective & behaviour in order to adjust to changing demands.
Draws parallels across situations and contexts; Divides problems into their individual elements; Develops several explanations or alternatives; Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Has a reputation for execution and delivery; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve/exceed them.
Incorporates information about the organization’s structure and protocol into decisions; Attentive to the internal politics and alert to shifting interpersonal dynamics; Establishes the necessary support networks and cross-functional relationships through rapport building; Recognizes, maintains and effectively balances the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the broader organization.
Preferred Experience / Education
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree or equivalent.
- Fifteen (15) years of progressive career experience in technology.
- Solid business background with a minimum of ten (10) years managing business solutions, enterprise back office information systems and large-scale project implementations in an enterprise business systems environment.
- Solid understanding of business systems including such areas as Financials, Supply Chain, Service, Workforce, Payroll and Human Resources and the associated business process would be an asset.
- Experience developing strategic plans linking technology initiatives with strategic organizational goals driving financial, human resource, administrative and support services functions.
- Experience establishing and communicating direction to a team of information services professionals providing support services to the organization and the ability to plan, organize, control and lead multiple information systems business projects, in a complex and changing environment.
- A competent, autonomous, well-organized IT executive with a proactive, take-charge approach.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a proven track record in IT transformation and implementation of software solutions together with a reputation for positive leadership influence.
- Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and development with excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Ability to lead business transformation projects encompassing people, process and technology.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, highly collaborative environment where flexibility and teamwork are essential.
- Ability to succinctly present to all levels of an organization with excellent written and oral communications.
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking, creative problem-solving and judgement.
- Excellent organization and people management skills.
If interested, please contact:
CATHERINE PAN DIRECTOR RESEARCH GROUP firstname.lastname@example.org (613) 592 4145 EXT 223