About the Company
Our client is changing how globally distributed product development and manufacturing organizations collaborate and interact with key stakeholders throughout the product development value chain.
The firm’s cloud-based Product Lifecycle Management and Product Data Management solutions simplify product development by connecting engineers, designers, project managers and suppliers in a secure, collaborative manner that accelerates product lifecycle development, thereby allowing organizations to launch products faster and more cost effectively.
Our client boasts an enviable list of high-profile global customers in aerospace, automotive, technology and entertainment, and is funded by a blue-chip group of investors. The firm is Toronto-based.
Poised for explosive growth and an exceptionally bright future, our client now seeks to hire a Chief People & Culture Officer (CPCO).
Scope of Position
Reporting to the CEO, the CPCO will be responsible for creating a culture that attracts, motivates and retains the firm’s human capital. This will include leading the organization on all HR matters to meet its strategic objectives and goals for profitability and growth.
The successful candidate will drive improvements through the judicious introduction of talent management and human resources systems and controls to allow the company to keep growing. With no shortage of opportunities to contribute, this role will appeal to individuals with boundless energy and ambition looking to make an impact while growing both personally and professionally.
This position will be based in Toronto.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong industry and company growth;
- Highly entrepreneurial culture;
- An opportunity to make a real difference.
- Identify and address the critical HR needs of the organization and achieve an effective long-range HR strategy;
- Oversee and develop recruitment and retention strategies to attract and retain top talent across all areas of the organization;
- Source and recruit candidates using an out of the box multichannel approach including, but not limited to, databases, social media, job posting, agencies, passive candidates, niche job boards, employee referral program, etc.;
- Develop HR programs and identify key HR metrics to analyze and solve business problems that impact organizational capabilities (improve sales, support services cycle times, reduce costs, and help increase profitability);
- Responsible for managing the human resource information system (HRIS) for the organization;
- Lead the development of, and effectively manage and integrate HR policies and programs including performance reviews, succession planning, career development, performance management, goal setting and reviews, training and mentoring, employee benefits, etc.;
- Develop, manage and codify market competitive compensation strategy to ensure talent attraction and retention while managing costs;
- Develop human resource planning models to identify appropriate competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific strategies to fill the gaps;
- Work with senior leaders to define and effectively communicate organizational values to drive culture of service, professionalism and performance excellence;
- Launch management mentoring initiatives to support employee growth and development;
- Identify and stretch high potential talent;
- Maintain keen awareness of world class HR trends and conditions in the industry and the required leadership development tools relative to the needs of the company’s business;
- Create and manage employee recognition and awards programs.
The competencies listed below define the role of CPCO:
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Encourages others by creating enthusiasm, a feeling of investment and a desire to excel. Inspires a healthy attitude to work by recognizing positive contributions.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively. Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view. Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others. Mobilizes people into action.
Makes an immediate positive impression upon others. Has presence and commands respect. Comes across with force and quickly establishes credibility. Accurately predicts the effects o own words and actions. Makes an immediate positive impression upon others.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- 10 – 15 years of broad-based and progressive experience in a generalist human resources role;
- Experience working in a VC-backed, founder-led, fast-paced, entrepreneurial and growthoriented environments;
- Demonstrable track-record of success partnering with C-suite executives both strategically and tactically to ensure that the voice of the employees and culture of the company is reflected in all decisions;
- Preference will be given to individuals who have experience working for SaaS companies;
- The ideal candidate will exhibit a ‘can-do’ attitude, think outside of the box, and have a bias for action contributing both as a strategic and operational partner;
- A strong business orientation and business enabler with record of building and nurturing strong cross-functional working relationships;
- Must be capable of interfacing effectively at all levels of the organization;
- Proven track record of developing a highly efficient and cost-effective internal recruiting capability across all levels of the organization.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package tailored to the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact
|Sal Rocco StoneWood Group, Toronto Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 233 firstname.lastname@example.org||Natalia Scodino StoneWood Group, Toronto Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 221 email@example.com|