THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a successful private-equity backed provider of managed IT solutions. Boasting a comprehensive portfolio of IT infrastructure, cloud, and application services the Company has grown rapidly, both organically and through acquisitions. The firm continues to grow while building out its requisite management systems, tools and processes.
The Company’s vision and dedication to a client-centric philosophy has earned it the trust of some of the world’s most innovative companies and visionaries. With regional headquarters in Canada, USA, and the United Kingdom, our client delivers solutions to clients throughout North America, Europe, and Asia.
The President will manage the Company’s day-to-day operations and assist the CEO in growing shareholder value and driving towards an exit for the existing investors. Through a respectful, constructive, and energetic style, the President will provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to drive the long-term business strategy and completion of operations plans in support of the business growth. He/She will also ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization to maximize margins and ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The President will also be responsible for fostering a creative and innovative environment to reinforce employee engagement strategy and core values. More specifically, he or she will:
- Drive the strategic plan to advance the company success through profitable growth and shareholder value;
- Support acquisitions and other growth initiatives, including partnering with the head of sales to implement strategies for increasing market and customer penetration;
- Accountable for the overall P&L including but not limited to meeting targeting budgets, working capital management, pricing decisions, capital investments, service, and market strategy;
- Review analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives;
- Implement clear operational metrics combined with action plans for achieving these metrics and hold the team accountable to their implementation and achievement;
- Partner with the CFO to understand the financial performance of the business and to report results to the CEO;
- Develop and execute an operational model that drives excellence across the operational organizations, leveraging best-of-class systems, processes, technology, and team members to meet the customer and growth expectations of the company;
- Measure the effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company;
- Confer with the CEO and CFO to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from status and conditions;
- Perform other duties that are reasonably associated with the above essential functions and additional duties assigned by CEO;
- Lead, coach, and develop the leadership team with an emphasis on developing capacity in strategic analysis, planning operational analysis & budgeting;
- Implement training programs to expand growth opportunities for all employees;
- Identify opportunities to leverage cross-functional strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or address organizational challenges;
- Ensure that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations;
- Have accountability over managing a strong executive leadership team to the right behaviors and will lead by example, fostering an “everyone pulls together culture.”;
- Have a strong commitment to identifying, recruiting, retaining, and developing new talent.
- Experience independently managing a P&L of a growing, standalone $50M+ business as a senior executive;
- Divisional P&L leaders or strong “number twos” will be considered if there is a track record of success in larger entrepreneurial / decentralized organizations and if they have deep experience in both Professional and Managed Services;
- Has grown their business multiple years at least 15-25% per year. Consistently outgrew market and consistently expanded and sustained EBITDA;
- A track record of progressive and successful leadership experience within the IT industry managing multiple solutions/services within one company;
- Deep insight into the drivers of performance in professional services businesses;
- Experience in in Professional Services (project-revenue) and Managed Services (recurring-revenue) environments strongly preferred;
- IT Transformation, Cloud Technologies, and Business analytics highly desirable;
- Experience running a P&L for a PE-backed business strongly preferred;
- Experience leading geographically distributed, customer-facing implementation teams within dynamic fast-paced environments;
- Demonstrated ability to support different infrastructure across multiple jurisdictions;
- Passion for customer service, building processes and developing an organization that will exceed customer expectations;
- Has personally built, managed, and grown relationships with enterprise customers. Experience diversifying revenue in customers;
- Demonstrated ability to map market and identify areas for growth;
- Forward-thinking; proven experience identifying where a company needs to be rather than just reacting day to day;
- Demonstrated strategic capabilities combined with the ability to be hands-on with the business, solving problems and driving improvement; can delegate effectively and not get stuck in the “weeds.” Solid financial acumen, understanding the business drivers;
- Ability to create distinctive intellectual property, marketing messages and materials and go-to market solutions, and scale and monetize them;
- Demonstrated experience and credibility representing an organization and speaking to prospective buyers;
- Strong operational leadership skills with demonstrated success having led a turnaround or significant operational upgrade of a business;
- Resilient, high energy, hands-on, and “roll up your sleeves” executor. Ability to balance between being strategic and operational, with a focus on driving results;
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on identifying, recruiting and retaining top talent as well as mentoring and motivating an employee base of professionals;
- History of creating and evolving distinctive, high-performing cultures;
- Demonstrated ability to navigate, influence and build relationships internally and externally;
- Has implemented and run businesses using clear metrics and accountability. Is able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcoming
- internal and external challenges or obstacles;
- Demonstrated sound planning, analysis and organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- An individual with solid executive presence and professionalism which commands the respect of the Board of Directors, colleagues, subordinates, and shareholders;
- A hands-on, roll up the sleeves result-oriented individual business builder with effective delegation skills;
- A seasoned and highly skilled communicator, who will be equally comfortable and effective in addressing employees, customer, analysts, investors, and bankers;
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills;
- An assertive, straightforward, strategic thinker, who can significantly contribute to planning activities and also understand and manage organizational dynamics;
- An open-minded, flexible, creative individual capable of handling a wide spectrum of ambiguity;
- A decisive, strong-willed but consensus-oriented individual possessing the highest levels of professional and personal honesty and integrity;
- An undergraduate degree is required (business or engineering preferred);
- Master’s in Business Administration preferred.
The selected candidate will receive an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, bonus, and equity, along with a comprehensive benefits plan.
If interested, please contact: