THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
Client is recognized worldwide for its innovative solutions for improving the effectiveness of operating and maintaining critical equipment. For over 40 years our solutions have been used in Defense, Aerospace, Energy and Marine applications to optimize the availability, readiness, maintenance, performance, and safety of complex rotating equipment. Client’s solutions support some of the world’s most advanced equipment including the F-22, Eurofighter, and F-35 fighter aircraft; Bombardier C-Series and Airbus A320-Neo commercial aircraft, CH-146 Griffon, CH-147 Chinook and CH-149 Cormorant helicopters, GE LM2500 gas turbines and the world’s largest cruise ships and wind turbines.
Client is a technology-based company that specializes in the development and implementation of advanced machinery maintenance, monitoring and control solutions for industrial, marine, and aeronautical applications. The company was founded in early 70s and has grown steadily to a present staff level of over 210 employees. The corporate headquarters are located in Ottawa, Canada with regional and affiliate offices in Halifax, Nova Scotia, St. John’s, Newfoundland, and Huntsville, Alabama along with a global network of strategic alliances.
Client and its employees are active volunteers and give generously to several organizations and events which support people in need in our local communities. We have raised over $550,000 through our annual fund-raising campaign and have directed these funds to “charities of choice” selected by our employees, including the Ottawa Hospital, United Way, and Royal Ottawa Hospital. Each year our employees participate in a number of community fundraising events such as golf tournaments, charity breakfasts, galas, and the HOPE beach volleyball tournament.
Scope of the Position
The Director, Human Resources will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for the human resources and administrative functions of the company. The Director will serve as a member of the senior management team of the Corporation and participate in key activities and decisions pertaining to corporate strategy, planning, management, and operational execution. They will provide leadership in organizational planning, human resources, IT, facilities, and general administration functions of the organization. The individual will work closely with the President, CFO, and senior leadership team to develop and progress long-term strategic initiatives to support business growth and succession.
- Accountable for the development, implementation, and management of human resources strategy, initiatives, and activities.
- Administers and oversees all aspects of human resources programs including, but not limited to, employment agreements; compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, training, and development.
- Lead the evaluation and maintenance of HR systems related to but not limited to performance management, employee engagement, onboarding and offboarding, compensation and benefits.
- Partner closely with the company management team to resolve employee relations issues; provide coaching and counselling to management and staff; collaborate with legal counsel on issues as appropriate.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resources information system (HRIS).
- Collaborate with leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting and retention.
- Monitors and ensures organizational compliance with country, province/state employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practices, and resources to upper management.
- Develops and implements department budget.
- Working in conjunction with the operations management implements training programs and initiatives to support the organization human resource needs.
- Coach and mentor HR staff, facilitates professional development and training.
- Plan and direct the Corporation’s administrative operations and supporting infrastructure aligned with organizational growth and company objectives.
- Management of the corporate IT group.
- Management of corporation’s real estate affairs and related infrastructure,
Scope of Responsibilities for Employees
210 employees in Canada
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role; Has thorough knowledge of role and responsibilities, relevant products, services and methods; Expands technical knowledge/role proficiency and keeps up to date in own area of expertise.
Adopts an energetic approach; Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks; Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service; Listen and understands customer/client needs and conveys then back to the organization to take appropriate action; Quickly follows up on customer/client concerns and deals with them in a professional and efficient manner; Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively; Negotiates skilfully and convinces others to own point of view; Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others; Mobilizes people into action.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Minimum of ten years of progressive and varied senior-level experience in a related management field
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively with or leading a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing change
- Demonstrated fiscal responsibility
- At least five years of human resources management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- CHRP designation highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment related laws and regulations in Canada and US, understanding of employment laws in Ontario, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn (HRIS). (ADP Workforce Now)
- Excellent judgement, interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and tact
- Demonstrated leadership, supervision, and delegation skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to the values and goals of the organization
Remuneration and Benefits
Comprehensive salary and benefits package.
Contact person: Catherine Pan (email@example.com)