About the Company
Supply chains power the world, a fact that has been underscored by the challenges of the pandemic and the changes it has brought. Virtually every supply chain around the globe is changing, driven by ecommerce, geopolitical forces, rising labour costs, and shifting consumer demands. Many existing supply chain platforms are old and were put in place for Y2K.
Our client is a global provider of SaaS supply chain solutions that equip the borderless enterprise for growth. Spanning multiple complex, regulated and high-volume distribution industries, the company delivers dynamic and powerful solutions for warehouse management, distribution and transportation management, supply management at point of use, retail order management, as well as financial management and analytics solutions. From demand planning to demand fulfillment, the company puts power into the hands of both front-line workers and back-office planners, helping business leaders operate sustainable and scalable logistics so they may focus on the future of their products, services and people, not on their operational challenges. Customers around the world trust their supply chains to the company in the healthcare, service parts, third-party logistics, retail and general wholesale high- volume distribution industries. The company is the market leader in North America for supply chain solutions for health systems and hospitals. Other vertical markets are growing rapidly as well.
With attractive industry tailwinds, our client’s organic growth is accelerating and may be augmented by some M&A. It is expected that revenues will double in the next three years. This will present exciting challenges for the entire organization. The marketing elements of that growth will be the responsibility of the Chief Marketing Officer.
The company currently employs approximately 700 people and enjoys and promotes an environment of respect and work life balance that results in well above average engagement scores, loyalty and lower turnover. It also seems to be more fun to work there!
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong industry and company growth;
- Long history of stability;
- Superb team and culture;
- An opportunity to make a real difference.
Our client is headquartered in Canada with offices, staff and customers in the Americas and EMEA. The company is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX)
Scope of Position
Our client is currently seeking a Chief Marketing Officer. Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Marketing Officer will underpin the goals of the marketing department to the organizational revenue goals. To achieve this, the individual will be responsible for planning and executing high-impact, strategic marketing programs to promote the firm’s unmatched software solutions. The position will also manage the execution of digital marketing campaigns and lead/demand generation strategy, to support new demand and pipeline conversion.
Finally, the CMO leads the product marketing team and assumes responsibility for the strategic direction of the company’s product portfolio and their market success. As a result, the CMO is a key contributor to achieving our client’s near-term and long-term objectives. The CMO works closely with other members of the executive team to deliver product solutions that will be highly successful in the marketplace.
- Evaluate, develop, direct and execute effective marketing plans and strategies consistent with the company’s overall strategic objectives.
- Provide ongoing direction, performance management and developmental support of the marketing team in all functional areas. Focus the marketing team to drive the business to increased revenue generation, growth, sector leadership, and ultimately profitability;
- Develop and execute a strategic marketing plan that results in substantial revenue growth for the organization, and continues to build equity in the company’s brand
- Partner with Sales to drive effective lead generation programs through vertical and role specific sales enablement campaigns
- Implement and execute a robust demand generation and lead nurturing engine, resulting in qualified leads and opportunities that translate to top-line revenue growth
- Own and maintain the annual marketing plan and budget
- Remain abreast of competitive offerings, best practices, pricing and distribution strategies. Make recommendations to ensure positioning of existing technologies is optimized.
- Lead the product vision and strategy development process
- Performing market research, market validation and whitespace analysis to identify new opportunities for existing and new products
- Foster close relationships with all key market constituents (customers, non-customers, analysts and competitors) to validate product strategy
- Oversee/complete competitive analysis against key criteria. Identify, analyze and distill customer requirements into a prioritized set suitable to achieve the business goals of the company.
- Maintain close oversight of market analyses to develop and provide market requirements in response to customer needs, and market opportunities
- Understand the thorough business case for proposed products and initiatives, including cost/benefit estimates, market trends, competitive analysis, risk analysis, industry best practices and product development timelines. Establish selection criteria for product opportunities.
- Collaborate with the VP R&D and Engineering teams to ensure consistent execution of product plans that result in product delivery on time, on budget
- Provide ongoing direction, performance management and developmental support of the product marketing team. Focus the team to drive the business to increased revenue generation, growth, sector leadership, and ultimately profitability;
- Ensure that company is represented at relevant external activities such as industry trade shows, customer meetings/presentations and standard body conferences.
- Proactive member of the senior management team involved with M&A analysis and activities.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific measures of performance will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of CMO at our client:
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner. Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience. Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Generates new ideas. Challenges existing assumptions. Goes beyond the status quo. Recognizes the need for new or modified approaches. Brings various perspectives and approaches together, combining them in a creative fashion to implement effective improvements.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables:
- Proven experience developing lead / demand generation program & strategies for a B2B software or software-related company
- Several examples of having successfully lead and carried out the Go-to-Market programs
- At least 5 years’ experience managing the strategic development and execution of marketing activities in a software environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field required; MBA, preferred
- Understanding of progressive intent marketing and dart funnel strategies
- Understanding of the buyer’s journey and customer/vertical segmentation
- Knowledgeable with ‘on-premise’ and cloud-based software solutions
- Solid experience with lead generation/nurturing and digital marketing campaigns
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; able to work with all levels of internal staff, clients and prospective clients
- Proficient in the principles of product marketing
- Excellent in written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Events marketing experience
- Experience with partnership marketing strategies and support
- Able to work on multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously
- A self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and ownership over projects and deliverables
- Highly competitive compensation package (Base, variable, LTIP) structured to the needs of the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact:
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 777