THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the company
Our client is a very successful Montreal-based enterprise software company. Profitable and growing, the company serves a large and prestigious international roster of corporations cutting across several vertical markets. The firm’s unparalleled breadth of products and custom solutions are made possible by its uncompromising commitment to innovation and engineering excellence. The firm boasts a seasoned and proven executive team committed to the long term independence and success.
Scope of Position
Reporting directly to the SVP the Director level head of PMO will support the services business across professional services, custom enhancements and customer care.
The PMO will be responsible for establishing and managing the program management office; defining and developing project/program management practices, governance standards, processes and metrics. He/she will ensure projects/programs are defined, tracked and communicated in a consistent and effective manner. He/she incorporates effective change and risk management controls; and is responsible for ensuring all projects within portfolios/programs are delivered on time, within budget and to an agreed quality level, for each of the company’s delivery approaches.
- The PMO will introduce common processes and methodology as a set of standards for project managers to follow, allowing them to manage multiple projects simultaneously in an efficient manner. Using standard templates and applications will allow all project manager(s) to deliver projects with consistent results.
- The environment is highly dynamic, with new projects starting and existing projects being brought to closure on a constant basis. To manage this environment, the PMO will establish a portfolio process to manage quality, risk and project KPI’s. The PMO team works with Global Services and other leaders when key project decisions are being made. Projects will be objectively evaluated against the company’s overall objectives, and KPI’s will be established and consistently tracked.
- The PMO will support and develop capable project managers with a common knowledge base. The Global Services PMO will provide consistency in training across Services departments. Coaching, mentoring and information sharing will occurs on a regular basis, and formal classes will also be arranged. The PMO will also facilitate the integration of new project managers into Tecsys, and will share his/her knowledge of processes, tools and methodologies. The PMO will manage the Knowledge Management tools and documents.
- The PMO will provide sustainable value to the company by improving the efficiency of how projects are managed and monitored to avoid potential failure. The PMO will ensure quality delivery and risk management in support of the company’s Customer for Life philosophy. The PMO will report on project metrics, making it clear to the organization whether the project team(s) are on track or in need of additional support.
- The PMO will develop internal initiatives to continuously improve tools, processes, and people through training and guidance. He/She will evaluate business objectives that require new processes or enhancements to existing processes. The PMO will look to continuously improve the company’s Delivery Management, including amongst others: Project Delivery Process Methodology and tools; Providing independent and objective reviews of activities within projects; Project Execution methodology and processes; Program development and management methodologies; Quality Management guidelines.
- In collaboration with the Global Services Leadership team, the PMO will maintain Project Accounting and Project Metrics; including directing and coordinating activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget. The PMO will prepare periodic Implementations metrics and reports.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
Specific performance measures will be discussed with and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Head of PMO at our client –
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively. Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view. Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others. Mobilizes people into action.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
|Developing & Coaching Others
Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees. Challenges others to improve their abilities and actively supports their development. Continually provides timely and constructive feedback, coaching and challenging learning opportunities. Adjusts coaching style based on each employee’s ability and motivation level.
Recognizes when change is necessary. Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives. Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change. Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
|Integrity & Sincerity
Inspires trust and supports others through own authenticity and following up on commitments. Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally. Shows consistency among principles.
Incorporates information about the organization’s structure and protocol into decisions. Attentive to the internal politics and alert to shifting interpersonal dynamics. Establishes the necessary support networks and cross-functional relationships through rapport building. Recognizes, maintains and effectively balances the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the broader organization.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering; MBA Preferred
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years’ of experience in the project control field with experience in estimating, cost control, and planning.
- Knowledge and application of project budgets and financial analysis for overall project planning, cost monitoring, and reporting
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of project management methodologies and application of these approaches in a formal project environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop reliable project timelines and deliver against established timelines
- Strong writing, presentation and communication skills
- Excellent consultative and communication skills, analytical ability, decisive judgment, and the ability to work effectively with end users, IT, employees, vendors/consultants and customers
- Demonstrated highly developed oral and written communication skills, particularly in reporting, public presentation and consultation, and the ability to negotiate and communicate with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Strong experience in driving application integration processes
- Ability to work independently with little direction
- Demonstrated experience in defining business processes and change management
- Strong customer management skills
- Consulting experience
- Training expertise
- PMP Certification strongly preferred
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive base plus variable compensation package for the successful candidate