THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is at the forefront of changing how people think about and use energy. A Fortune 250 and S&P 500 Index company, our client is a pioneer in developing cleaner and smarter energy choices for its customers: whether as one of the largest solar power developers in North America, or by building one of the first privately funded electric vehicle charging infrastructure, or by giving customers the latest smart energy solutions to better manage their energy use.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Marketing will be responsible for the execution of product lines and attain sales and profitability on an annual and long-term basis. S/he will be responsible for providing executive leadership and management of inbound and outbound marketing activities in North America, which include: Corporate marketing, product marketing, project management and product management. The core focus of the role will be lead generation.
- Development of all marketing components of our expansion plan. Aggressively drive the overall marketing strategy including but not limited to marketing communications including branding, advertising, white papers, trade shows, seminars and events collateral, market research management, website design;
- Develop, refine and execute various metrics driven ad campaigns;
- Develop marketing plans for new product and new business initiatives to move products to mass market;
- Identify and develop strategies and processes for marketing plan execution;
- Complete and present various reports on marketing effectiveness to senior management team.
- Set aggressive and measurable goals in cooperation with sales teams.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific deliverables will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Director of Marketing at our client
Generates new ideas. Challenges existing assumptions. Goes beyond the status quo. Recognizes the need for new or modified approaches. Brings various perspectives and approaches together, combining them in a creative fashion to implement effective improvements.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Draws parallels across situations and contexts. Divides problems into their individual elements. Develops several explanations or alternatives. Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Adopts an energetic approach. Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks. Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively. Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view. Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others. Mobilizes people into action.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor’s products, services and position.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree or a Masters in marketing or business on international marketing;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in progressive roles in marketing.
- B2C marketing experience is a must.
- Strong leadership in predicting and forecasting revenue streams and campaign results;
- Experience and proven skills in lead generation;
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written, strong presentation skills;
- Previous experience in developing and maintaining branding. Knowledge in creating and defining front-end brand equity;
- Previous experience in supporting sales through the creation of leads and a lead generation team.
- Proactive and communicative leader, who has a passion for their work and can communicate vision;
- A highly driven and enthusiastic innovator with a proven track record in identifying new tactics and strategies for driving growth and improving performance;
- Ability to translate company vision into actionable marketing plans that result increased sales revenue with decreasing cost of sales/marketing.
- Working knowledge of both digital and traditional media placement and measurement tools (i.e. Google Adwords, Google Analytics, etc.);
- Previous marketing experience in energy/solar industry is an asset.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive base, variable and stock plan for the successful candidate.