About the Company
There are over one hundred and seventy thousand (170,000) nonprofit organizations in Canada and more than two (2) million in North America employing upwards of 10% of the combined total national workforces. Nonprofit organizations play a critical role within our economy, providing services, goods and resources to address broad community needs. They are businesses, most often charitable, that assist their communities with economic development, cultural awareness, education, the arts, health, poverty, and spirituality — virtually every sector of society. As government agencies and the private sector scale back their charitable giving, nonprofits have become indispensable.
Unfortunately, in an era of growing needs and shrinking resources, nonprofits are asked to do ever more with less, placing additional strain on their already limited resources. Furthermore, public and private funding for nonprofits most often focuses on building and expanding programming rather than core infrastructure, systems, tools and leadership development. As a result, many nonprofits are starved for funding that can strengthen their operations and the effective delivery of services.
Our client helps social good/nonprofit organizations do more and do it better. The firm is a successful Canadian software provider of transformative donor management, CRM, HR and analytics solutions built on innovative technologies and deep domain knowledge. The firm is widely recognized for the robustness of its feature-rich applications, ease of use, flexibility and profound impact on client businesses.
Our client boasts an impressive roster of loyal customers, a passionate purpose-driven culture, and an ownership committed to the long-term success of the firm and its customers.
Scope of Position
Armed with differentiated market offerings, a broad customer base, and large addressable markets, our client is accelerating its growth plans. Driving, guiding and managing that growth will be the responsibility of the newly created Chief Growth Officer (CGO)
Reporting directly to the COO/GM, the Chief Growth Officer will assume ownership for the entire customer relationship while aligning and leading go-to-market activities across Marketing, Sales, Partnerships and Customer Success. Alignment and scalability will be key to the role’s success.
The position will set the marketing strategy and assume responsibility for executing key initiatives and tactics to further our client’s leadership in their ever evolving marketplace. The position includes demand generation, integrated marketing campaigns, marketing communications, brand and corporate identity management, online strategy and digital programs, advertising, trade shows and sales with all funnel to close approaches and execution. In the end, the CGO will map the right language that will resonate with the right audience and execute.
The success of its customers drives our client. However, those customers’ businesses are dynamic and changing, and our client will need to invest and act wisely if it is to aid as many as possible. The Chief Growth Officer will be a hands-on, multi-faceted leader of that process and play a key role in finding those growth pathways.
- Assume responsibility for marketing, sales and partnerships and those teams teams, driving growth for both new and current customers;
- Create and communicate the company marketing strategy, value proposition and execution;
- Work with the product management and development teams to manage all aspects of the product(s) marketing
- Institute processes that will enable predictable, repeatable and scalable market expansion;
- Promote and build a performance-driven, disciplined revenue culture focused on clients, their success, quality partnerships and growth;
- Develop clear insights and learn quickly what is working and not working on all the marketing and sales activities – continuously use analytics to adapt, learn, and grow faster;
- Nurture opportunities and help execute the steps it takes a prospect to go from understanding they need to transform their systems, to actually selecting our client as a partner, and then building a lasting lifetime relationship with the company;
- Represent our client’s voice in the markets the firm serves – from customers, prospects, analysts, and trends;
- Develop go-to-market strategies and resources to help open up new opportunities;
- Develop, validate and optimize the overall revenue processes to ensure accuracy, promote awareness of potential changes, and build a scalabity level for all routes to market;
- Establish both short-term results and long-term revenue forecasting and pricing strategies to meet profitability targets;
- Play a major role in identifying and launching partnership strategies to create enhanced channel and business development opportunities;
- Maintain, build and strengthen all existing partner relationships;
- Manage and enforce the consistent use of a data-driven, defined sales process and a disciplined pipeline and forecast review methodology;
- Inspire customer success to define and deliver on the customer value proposition, without sacrificing firm profitability targets;
- Assess and improve current approaches to:
- Onboarding: Ensure every new customer is quickly and efficiently educated and launched with the company’s offering to ensure long term success;
- Advocacy Coaching: Manage each customer to share best practices, ensure they stay focused and on track, and help set the strategic direction of each customer’s program;
- Support: Resolve all customer problems quickly and efficiently before such problems escalate so that clients can focus on their programs;
- Services: Where clients lack the appropriate talent or resources, launch and manage specific programs for the client;
- Education: Train and advocate so that customers and prospects gain access to a talented and capable set of professionals to lead and operate highly effective, value-add programs.
- Develop and communicate the company’s thought leadership and awareness in the industry, including building relationships with industry influencers;
- Remain abreast of competitive offerings, best practices, pricing and distribution strategies.
- Make recommendations to ensure the positioning of existing technologies is optimized;
- Serve as an important member of the executive team;
- Leverage expertise to contribute to the business priorities and generate scalable and sustainable revenue;
- Actively participate in strategic planning to develop reasonable and thorough revenue projections for annual budgets and multi-year projections;
- Collaborate with the technical team to ensure consistent execution of product plans that result in on-time delivery and performance.
The following competencies listed below define the role of the Chief Growth Officer:
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service; Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs; Quickly follows up on customer/client contracts and complaints; Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Industry & market awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them; Aware of competitor’s products, services, and position.
Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner; Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience; Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately.
Adopts an energetic approach; Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks; Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support; Balances personal goals with those of the team; Fosters collaboration among team members.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Gathers and interprets all available sources of information; Willing to make solid and quick decisions when necessary; Can commit to a course of action without delay when faced with limited information.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- 10+ years building high-performing marketing/revenue organizations focused on driving consistent, aggressive revenue growth;
- Extensive understanding of go-to-market strategies, ideally with a broad range of customer types and geographies;
- Proven success in creating great brands, driving revenue success and leading business transformation;
- Superior soft skills and emotional intelligence enabling you to get the very best out of all those with whom you interact;
- Breadth of experience spanning both enterprise and consumer SaaS space;
- Solid grasp of best in class demand generation principles including proven success driving demand in a SaaS software company;
- Analytical by nature and a data-driven approach to establishing effective strategies combined with an ability to leverage company financials to adjust strategy as required;
- A strategic thinker with an exceptional track record in fast-growing, entrepreneurial environments;
- Have a clear vision of what the customer experience should be and can rally teams around it;
- A team player with a ‘bias for action’ and a proactive, ‘own it, solve it’ mindset who can navigate through complex situations with limited information;
- Proven track record of success working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- An effective communicator with a strong command of English and French, spoken and written.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation plan.
If interested, please contact:
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 777
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 221