THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Mission-critical control centres around the world keep planes safe in the sky, urban and regional trains safe on the railroads, and ships and boats safe on the seas. They coordinate rescue on land, sea and air when something goes wrong and they keep citizens safe by dispatching law enforcement and other first responders when we need to call 9-1-1.
Today, any controller working in a mission-critical control centre relies on four sophisticated technologies to do their jobs: voice communications, situational awareness tools, decision assist tools, and a resilient voice and data network underneath it all.
Our client is an established world leader in mission critical control centers. As they continue to grow here in Canada as a key supplier to both NAV CANADA and the Department of National Defence, they are looking for a dynamic individual who is ready to lead the sales effort to grow those two accounts, and seek out new business opportunities.
Scope of the position
The Director, Sales – Canada reports to the President/ Managing Director. Responsibilities include business area strategic planning, direction and development of existing business opportunities, and leading new strategic sales initiatives to ensure long term sustainable growth.
Adopts an energetic approach; Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks; Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them; Aware of competitor’s products, services and position; Is rigorous in researching data related to target markets.
Consults widely for business or technical advice, probes for facts and obtains information from a wide variety of sources; Differentiates the critical from the irrelevant or trivial.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Has a reputation for execution and delivery; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve/exceed them.
- Take a leadership role and act as the sales point of contact in the subsidiary for the ATM Civil, AIM, ComSoft, and Defence Business Units
- Capturing regional market trends, executing promotion plans and assist in other sales efforts in coordination with the Managing Director
- Ownership, with Managing Director, of the sales strategy of the Regional Sales Unit Canada
- Sales and sales operations activities, i.e., foster customer base and acquire new customer contacts, secure and grow installed base and acquire new opportunities and projects
- Identify, qualify, pursue, and bid large and small new business opportunities
- Maintain an awareness of the economic and political environment as it relates to Canadian business opportunity and pursuit risk/impact.
- Initiate and maintain, on a daily basis, positive relationships with the client/potential client(s) to monitor current and future opportunities, tracking opportunities and market trends. Clients include both Federal Government and large private defence contractors, as well as NAV CANADA
- Apply full life-cycle business development methodologies and tools, including opportunity identification, qualification, positioning, bidding, competitive analysis, price to win, and related activities
- Ongoing customer relationship management of existing customers and the cultivation of new relationships in both international and domestic markets
- Developing Business Cases and Strategic Plans for individual pursuits and broader initiatives
- Incumbent will be held accountable to and measured against metrics that include but are not limited to pipeline size, capture ratio, win rate, award value.
- Leading Capture/Proposal Management team activities for approved opportunities and overseeing Pursuit Decisions
- Providing monthly project updates for management meetings and supporting/organizing strategic planning sessions
- Participating in the development, planning, and implementation of marketing and sales programs such as trade shows, press releases, brochures, data sheets, white papers, briefings, etc
- Enable vision/direction and support to Marcom as well as engineering development teams
- Interfacing with all groups within the company to establish strategy and directional alignment related to all projects
Preferred Experience and Education
- Minimum of 10 years combined experience, ideally with ATM Key Account NAV Canada and the Department of National Defence (DND)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in applicable discipline is required
- Not only a burning drive to win and a will to ‘find a way’ but also a creative thinker with a strong, externally facing and internally astute, business acumen
- A collaborative leader who unites multi-disciplinary teams (including management leadership) and aligns them around common goals and objectives as they relate to winning and corporate growth
- Possesses DND and PWGSC Customer intimacy as well as overall expertise in DND/PWGSC organizational structure, buying methods, existing and emerging deals, and competitive playing field
- Experience using lead tracking system/CRM database
- Business development and capture management
- Proposal development experience
- Knowledge of procurement approaches used in Canadian government programs
- Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position, which requires a minimum five-year consecutive residence in Canada
Remuneration and Benefits
Competitive base plus variable
Contact Person: Catherine Pan (firstname.lastname@example.org)