THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our Client continues Canada’s tradition as a global leader in satellite technology and services.
Founded in the mid 2000s, the company is a Canadian-based satellite operator that combines the substantial industry experience of its partners in the global satellite market, the market expertise of several Canadian entrepreneurial organizations, and the support of world-class technical teams. The result is an organization that delivers competitive quality, choice and value to the domestic satellite market.
Scope of the Position
The company has been awarded a total of six additional orbital positions by Industry Canada including spectrum Ka FSS at 91°W and 109.2°W; 17 GHz BSS at 91°W, 103°W and 107.3°W; and 12 GHz BSS at 138°W. The company recognizes the Government of Canada’s leadership in promoting a more competitive and innovative Canadian telecommunications industry through this licensing process.
The company is now poised to offer wholesale satellite capacity to a wide range of Canadian customers. These includes broadcasters, direct-to-home programmers, telecommunications service providers, enterprise networks, educational and distance learning networks, as well as consumers, cultural and community organizations seeking broadband connections.
Driving the company’s continued market development as well as the day-to-day operations of the business will be the responsibility of the President. Taking direction from the Board of Directors, the President will formulate and execute the business plan while interacting and cooperating with the company’s customers, shareholders and other key stakeholders.
- Develop and drive the execution of long and short term business plans for the company consistent with the mission, vision, values, strategic plan, operating objectives and revenue goals established by the Board of Directors.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the company to ensure the timely implementation and execution of the business and financial plans.
- Provide ongoing direction, performance management and developmental support to the executive team. Add management as required to build world-class capabilities. Focus the team (employees, consultants, shareholder resources and others) to accelerate and drive the growth in revenues, sector leadership and profitability.
- Initiate new business partnerships and satellite investment opportunities in pursuit of the business plan.
- Work closely with government regulators and key industry stakeholders ensuring the company’s interests are served in the process.
- Participate as a member of the Board of Directors, providing up-to-date and timely information on the Company’s key performance indicators and other material matters affecting the business.
- Remain abreast of the industry, competitors and trends with a view to ensuring that all opportunities are considered and the most attractive pursued.
- Represent the company to the press, regulators, conferences, panel discussions and related industry events.
- Develop exemplary leadership behavior in execution of his/her role.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measure will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful incumbent.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- 10+ years in a senior leadership function
- 8+ years experience in the telecommunication or satellite services industry
- A driving management style which leverages the strengths of the existing team while stretching and motivating them in attaining breakthrough results.
- Advanced degree preferable (eg. MBA, MS, MA, PhD)
- Strategic visionary with solid technical knowledge and operational focus
- Track record defined in part by the ability to consistently execute on their commitments.
- Strong sales and marketing orientation marked by a sense of urgency and a demonstrable track record of accelerating growth.
- Experience negotiating complex deals with large publicly listed and private companies
- Hands on style that involves getting things done not just delegating.
- High ethical standards and an appropriate professional image
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Demonstrated ability to make effective speeches and presentations to internal and external stakeholders.