THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Client
Our Client is a combination of pharmacy, laboratory and clinic. For years they have been helping people with a wide range of health issues..
Client established the first Canadian clinical laboratory for metabolic and nutritional testing. During their years of history, the company has received national and international recognition for their work and has been the recipient of several awards for innovation.
Client’s biomedical clinic is firmly established in the Ottawa area as a credible resource for people seeking a comprehensive, holistic approach to their health, with an emphasis on drug-free solutions.
Scope of Position
Reporting directly to the Director, Aviation Products, the Product Manager, Aviation Products is responsible for the marketing of existing products as well as defining and launching new products.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Clinical Director will help continue to establish and grow the East-End Clinic and Retail Store. The Director will be responsible for managing the clinic operation and staff, consult with patients and provide weekly and monthly reports on the performance of the new clinic. He/she will be highly valued for their exceptional interpersonal skills in dealing with staff, patients and customers. The Clinical Director will be expected to actively advise on refining and improving the business model, including managing profit and loss responsibilities.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Retail Aspect – Ability to recommend and sell professional products as required
- Manage the daily operations of clinic and supervision of 1-3 employees
- Present weekly/monthly health marketing seminars and/or webinars
- Analyze, assess and interpret laboratory results, health questionnaires, symptomatology, and lifestyle issues and how those results impact the patient
- Communicate test results and interpretation to patients through initial consultations and follow-up appointments
- Following Client’s protocols, formulate customized nutritional intervention and proactive plan of action for patients
- Collaborate with designated Pharmacist or Doctor on pharmaceutical issues regarding each client
- Consult with compounding manager and laboratory manager as required to enhance patient care
- Report directly to owner on clinic operations and prepare weekly/monthly sales reports
- Keep current on advances in nutritional and health fields. Occasional travel to conferences to support knowledge base may be required
- Ensures the responsibilities of the position are carried out in accordance with the Company’s policies, operational and performance standards and ethical and professional values
- Attend Health Fairs and Expositions to promote clinic services – weekend attendance required
- Attend and participate in weekly marketing and clinician meetings
- Actively participate in the process and innovation of creating new Client Brand Products
Preferred Education and Experience
The ideal candidate will be capable of managing, developing and mentoring the clinical team and will be expected to meet targets on time and on budget. He/she should have the following specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified functional tasks:
- Professional designation required – Registered Naturopathic Doctor
- B.Sc. in a health related discipline
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of clinical or related experience
- Bilingualism in written and spoken French would be an asset
- Ability to encourage, support and motivate patients in reaching health care goals
- Ability to analyze patient data
- Proven ability in working effectively with all members of the health care team
- Demonstrated commitment to patient care and ability to develop solid client relationships
- Demonstrated ability to utilize evidence-based research into practice
- Personal commitment to health and wellness and orthomolecular medicine
- Proven empathy, patience and compassion when dealing with varied clients
- Interest in clinical nutrition research and trends
- Strong business acumen and self-initiative
- Ability to manage profit and loss responsibility
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and effective problem solving skills
- Sound judgment and professionalism
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Flexibility to work beyond regular business hours
- Passion and commitment to excellent customer service standard skills
- Create and implement marketing initiative to maximize sales
- Proven people management skills
- Good computer skills
Remuneration and Benefits
- Salary based on years of clinical experience and professional background plus bonus based on performance.