THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our Client is a combination of pharmacy, laboratory and clinic. For years they have been helping people with a wide range of health issues.
Client established the first Canadian clinical laboratory for metabolic and nutritional testing. During their years of history, the company has received national and international recognition for their work and has been the re- cipient of several awards for innovation.
Client’s biomedical clinic is firmly established in the Ottawa area as a credible resource for people seeking a comprehensive, holistic approach to their health, with an emphasis on drug-free solutions.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Clinical Director will help establish a new clinic. The Director will be re- sponsible for managing the clinic operation and staff, consult with patients and provide weekly and monthly re-
ports on the performance of the new clinic. He/she will be highly valued for their exceptional interpersonal skills in dealing with staff and patients. The Clinical Director will be expected to actively advise on refining and improving the business model, including managing profit and loss responsibilities.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Help establish new clinic location
- Manage the daily operations of clinic and supervision of 1-2 employees
- Present weekly/monthly health marketing seminars to patients
- Analyze, assess and interpret laboratory results, health questionnaires, symptomatology, and lifestyle issues and how those results impact the patient
- Communicate test results and interpretation to patients through initial consultations and follow-up ap- pointments
- Following Client’s protocols, formulate customized nutritional intervention and proactive plan of action for patients
- Collaborate with designated pharmacist or doctor on pharmaceutical issues regarding each client
- Consult with compounding manager and laboratory manager as required to enhance patient care
- Report directly to owner on clinic operations and prepare weekly/monthly sales reports
- Keep current on advances in nutritional and health fields. Occasional travel to conferences to support knowledge base may be required
- Ensures the responsibilities of the position are carried out in accordance with the Company’s policies, operating and performance standards, and ethical and professional values
The ideal candidate will be capable of managing, developing and mentoring the clinical team and will be expec- ted to meet targets on time and on budget. He/she should have the following specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified func- tional tasks:
- B.Sc. in a health related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical or related experience
- Professional designation (MD, Nurse Practitioner, Pharmacist, Nutritionist, Naturopath, etc.)
- Ability to encourage, support and motivate patients in reaching health care goals
- Ability to analyze patient data
- Proven ability in working effectively with all members of the health care team
- Demonstrated commitment to patient care and ability to develop solid client relationships
- Demonstrated ability to utilize evidence-based research in practice
- Personal commitment to health and wellness and orthomolecular medicine
- Proven empathy, patience and compassion when dealing with varied clients
- Interest in clinical nutrition research and trends
- Strong business acumen and self-initiative
- Ability to manage profit and loss responsibility
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and effective problem solving skills
- Sound judgement and professionalism
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Flexibility to work beyond regular business hours
- Passion and commitment to excellent customer service standard skills
- Create and implement marketing initiatives to maximize sales
- Proven people management skills
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Bilingualism an asset
- Good computer skills
Remuneration and Benefits
Salary based on years of clinical experience and profession background plus bonus based on performance. Longer term opportunity for ownership based on performance.