THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is an enterprise software company focusing on specialized solutions and services for the forestry, bioenergy, and paper recycling industries. More specifically, they provide Forest/Wood/Fiber Industry-Specific ERP and Supply Chain software for raw material purchasing, recycled paper, pulp, and heating plant industries.
Historically, our client has focused on the Nordic and adjacent markets, but now are positioned, mandated, and resourced to expand globally. With a base of solutions, some that have been market leaders for over 25 years, they are developing and innovating the product/solutions portfolio to meet new and potential market needs.
Combining deep industry knowledge with world-class software development, implementation and support capabilities, our client has established a dynamic customer-centric approach and work culture to exceed market expectations.
Our client is headquartered in Sweden. The firm is a subsidiary of a unique, multi-billion-dollar publicly traded organization that acquires, manages and builds mission critical vertical software businesses around the world, providing unparalleled opportunities for growth and financial return.
Scope of Position
Our client is currently undertaking a search for an executive to direct the company through its next stage of growth. The President/General Manager will lead and drive the organization with solid industry fundamentals, in-demand technologies, a loyal customer base, a motivated team, and a strategy for continued growth.
Owning the strategy and steering its execution will be the responsibility of the President/General Manager. Reporting to a CEO in the ownership group, the President/General Manager will lever the company’s positioning to accelerate revenues and profits. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring a hands-on, ‘lead from the front’ approach to that task while nurturing a collaborative culture of excellence. It is also expected that the incumbent will develop and drive a strategy for further growth through acquisitions and integration.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong industry and company growth.
- Committed and exceptionally well-funded ownership.
- Highly entrepreneurial culture.
- An opportunity to make a real difference and build a sizeable business.
- Work with corporate and members of the senior management team to refine the strategic and operating plans, priorities, and options.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the company to ensure the timely implementation and execution of the business and financial plans.
- Ensure that organizational capacity is in place by which to deliver on the company’s plans.
- Architect the organization ensuring that it has in place the human resources, processes, and operational capabilities by which to scale and the corporate culture to outperform.
- Provide ongoing direction, performance management and developmental support to the team. Continue to build world-class capabilities. Focus the team to accelerate and drive the growth of the business, new market development, sector leadership and profitability.
- Drive the revenue build process with substantive rapid growth as the goal. Refine and align the sales organization and processes to that goal.
- Maintain, improve, and create senior level relationships with existing and potential customers and strategic partners.
- Ensure operational milestones are met on time, with high quality – and that they meet the cost objectives that are established. Reporting on a monthly as well as a quarterly basis.
- Remain abreast of the industry, competitors, and trends with a view to ensuring that all alliance, acquisition, and investment opportunities are considered and the most attractive pursued.
- Lead the expansion of the company business into new high growth verticals. Engage with strategic stakeholders in those markets.
- Report regularly and proactively to the board of directors on results and plans going forward.
- Implement and continually refine a product roadmap that incorporates customer feedback and ensures competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific measures of performance relating to growth, profitability, customer satisfaction, etc. will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate..
The following competencies listed below define the role of President/General Manager::
Industry & Market Awareness – Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor’s products, services and position.
Strategic Approach – Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
People Management – Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Results Orientation – Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Initiative – Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Customer/Client Orientation – Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Commercial Acumen – Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- A highly intelligent, strategically minded executive with superb communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to roll-up his/her sleeves.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in leadership capacities with at least five years in a Director/VP role with specific revenue growth responsibilities.
- Experience with Forestry industry.
- Previous experience in a software or technology-based company required, ideally ERP and Supply Chain related solutions.
- Proven entrepreneurial experience with appropriate financial, market and business acumen in scaling businesses.
- Strong business development/sales management orientation.
- Strong team orientation well-suited to building consensus in a growing concern.
- Sweden-based or willingness to consider relocation.
- A charismatic, inspirational leader rather than manager.
- Change management and business transformation experience within small-to-mid-sized companies.
- Fluent in English and Swedish language
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive base, variable and equity compensation package to the successful candidate
If interested, please contact:
StoneWood Group, Toronto, Canada
Bus: +1 416 365 9494 Ext. 555
Mob: +1 416 937 7559
StoneWood Group, Toronto, Canada
Bus: +1 416 365 9494 Ext. 777
Mob: +1 416 889 9494