About the Company
Shifting to a low carbon world requires meeting a growing demand for clean energy technologies and innovative business models. Our client is a renewable energy company that offers customized solutions to reduce carbon emissions and manage energy costs. Through creative design and process innovation it integrates proprietary technologies into conventional HVAC systems to decarbonize buildings. Its turnkey solutions and services are tailored to allow communities and businesses to participate in a new economy that is rapidly shifting toward a more sustainable future for all.
Our client seeks to expand its leadership team through the addition of a proven Vice President Engineering to ensure that it exploits the opportunity before it.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the CEO and partnering with all senior stakeholders, the Vice President of Engineering will assume a pivotal role in overseeing and spearheading engineering endeavors critical to the successful design, development, and implementation of our client’s thermal energy systems on a global scale. The Vice President Engineering will establish design systems, processes, and metrics with a view to minimizing costs and waste while maximizing scheduling and quality outputs.
Additionally, the successful candidate will also be responsible for driving innovation, sustainability, and excellence in engineering.
This opportunity will appeal to individuals that want to make a real impact in a highly entrepreneurial and successful renewable energy company with rapid growth ambitions.
- Provide strategic leadership within the engineering group, leveraging profound technical expertise to guide the design and feasibility study for thermal energy systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of components and subsystems.
- Engage with clients, partners, and stakeholders to identify their needs and provide engineering solutions that exceed expectations.
- Develop and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to technology and finance groups, construction design and cost consultants, construction estimators, architects, and equity investors.
- Mentor, coach and support a small and dedicated engineering team by setting clear performance goals, objectives, and priorities.
- Oversee multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards.
- Implement best practices in project management to optimize efficiency and quality.
- Foster a culture of innovation, sustainability, and continuous improvement within the engineering department.
- Serve as a champion for enterprise excellence and the maximizing of value creation through operational excellence.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Vice President Engineering
Strategic Approach – Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far-reaching ideas.
Role Expertise – Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up to date in own area of expertise.
Commercial Acumen – Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Results Orientation – Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Team Skills – Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Preferred Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or other relevant engineering degree.
- A minimum of 15 – 20 years of progressive, hands-on experience in engineering consulting, ideally in a capital intensive, project-oriented environment.
- In-depth understanding and experience in selling thermal energy system from design, integration, to optimization.
- Experience with HVAC system design and set up for legacy buildings.
- Strong project management skills with a proven history of successful project delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor engineering teams effectively.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, with a team and to collaborate across various departments.
- Exhibits high standards of business and personal ethical conduct.
Remuneration & Benefits
- A highly competitive compensation package which will include equity incentive tailored to the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact:
StoneWood Group Bus:
StoneWood Group Bus: