About the Company
Our client is an award-winning, employee-owned multidisciplinary firm that delivers a comprehensive range of technical and strategic services, including consulting, information technology, engineering, process development, project and construction management to large industrial sectors. The firm has served clients for over 80 years and has project experience in more than 150 countries around the world.
The firm is widely recognized for its ability to bridge the gaps between research and innovative technologies, and between engineering and reliable operations. It is particularly known for working with clients to develop business strategies and technologies; managing and optimizing production; executing projects that involve the scale-up of process technologies; and managing start-ups, commissioning and ramp-ups.
Our client delivers unprecedented business results for its clients through a commitment to quality, lower operating costs, more efficient utilization of capital assets, higher standards for safety and risk management, faster start-ups and continuous performance improvements in all projects and programs.
Scope of Position
Our client’s digital technologies business addresses large, asset-intensive industrial markets sectors such as Mining, Metals, Energy, and Infrastructure. Data is dramatically transforming those assets, making them more valuable than ever. Our client helps create smarter, more efficient businesses, delivers intelligent actionable insights, improves safety and enhances labor as well as business outcomes. More specifically, our client’s technologies enable new ways of work based on Integrated Operations, Digital Value Chains, Automation and Autonomy, Asset Intelligence, Operational Intelligence and Advanced Planning and Scheduling.
Meanwhile customers are increasingly investing in technologies to remove people from remote locations, dangerous work fronts and to achieve real time understanding of complex supply chains to allow better decision making. Our client combines this digital knowhow with deep industry expertise, business transformation advisory services and engineering capabilities to deliver a holistic outcome for their customers.
Our client is seeking a highly motivated and accomplished Integrated and Remote Operations (IROC) Practice Lead to join their Digital team in North America. The IROC Practice Lead will report to the Regional head of the digital business and will be responsible for:
- The development of our client’s Integrated and Remote Operations capability in the region,
- Conveying our client’s eminence relating to IROC to support business development activities,
- Applying their deep subject matter expertise to enable the successful delivery of IROC related projects,
- Collaborating closely with the Global IROC solution area to set the overall strategy and direction for the development of our client’s IROC offerings.
- Collaborate with the regional go-to-market team to refine, communicate, and execute the practice market strategy, value proposition, positioning, and messaging.
- Work closely with other business units to identify and support the development of opportunities.
- Support business development activities through engagement with potential clients during the sales cycle and conveying market eminence in the IROC domain.
- Understand and articulate the business value that the IROC offerings can deliver to our clients.
- Monitor business opportunities and oversee proposal submissions.
- Support the delivery of IROC projects by providing domain expertise where necessary. Whether that be through client engagement, development of project artefacts, review of deliverables or coaching of the project team.
- Coach and develop people in the region, imparting your IROC domain expertise to build a local team who is knowledgeable in IROC concepts and best practice.
- Pursue, nurture and leverage key internal relationships critical for the practice’s success. Evangelize relentlessly.
- Collaborate with the global IROC solution team to shape the development of repeatable offerings that are relevant to the region.
- Champion the global IROC offerings in the region to ensure that they are leveraged for client engagements, providing feedback and continuous improvement inputs.
- Collaborate with technical and delivery teams to ensure consistency of approach
- Remain abreast of the industry, competitors and technology trends and align our services to market needs. Consider alliances, investment opportunities and acquisitions to improve market position and grow revenue.
- Establish our client’s eminence in the market through delivery of conference presentations, participation in industry forums, publication of white papers and other thought leadership articles
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be discussed with and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of North America Practice Lead – Integrated Operations
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor’s products, services and position.
Incorporates information about the organization’s structure and protocol into decisions. Attentive to the internal politics and alert to shifting interpersonal dynamics. Establishes the necessary support networks and cross-functional relationships through rapport building. Recognizes, maintains and effectively balances the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the broader organization.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables:A track record of success in building and scaling Enterprise SaaS organizations from $150 to $400 mm in revenues.
- 10+ years of management consulting or relevant industry and domain experience
- Have had senior roles in either the implementation or operation of IROCs in the mining, metals, energy, or infrastructure industries.
- Deep knowledge of how a wholistic design approach (across people, process, technology, and facilities) can be best applied to deliver maximum value to our clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance or Business, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience, an MBA or equivalent postgraduate degree is advantageous
- Be able to articulate a vision for the next generation of digitally enabled IROCs and the associated value proposition for our clients.
- Strong initiative, eagerness to break new ground and create opportunities for others.
- Be able to positively influence by possessing the skills and abilities necessary to facilitate team building, client relations, negotiation, decision making and creative problem solving.
- Be known in the market as a thought leader who is driving industry trends related to integrated and remote operations.
- An innovative and results oriented person who thrives in a complex and fast-paced work environment.
- Strong communicator with the ability to interact professionally and considerately with client(s), gaining co-operation and respect.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to present concepts, ideas, and insights to the project team and clients.
- Embracing an entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working within a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to solve complex functional/process issues which cross organizational boundaries; ability to liaise and negotiate.
- Undertake regional travel to client/project sites as required.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive, unique compensation package to the successful candidate
If interested, please contact:
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 777
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 555