THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client specializes in providing mental health services to Northern and Indigenous communities, organizations, governments and businesses. They believe in multidisciplinary, culturally safe and collaborative approaches that help their clients to live healthy and fulfilling lives.
Our client’s services are provided to a diverse clientele (all ages, genders, cultures) and settings such as on an in-person basis or through phone and online services including email, telehealth and other safe and confidential on-line communication platforms.
Client is proud to offer decades of clinical expertise combined with experience grounded in the North, in providing counselling services, crisis and event support, training and workshops and broader mental health support services across Northern regions.
Scope of the Position
Client is positioned for exponential growth over the next few years. The founder is looking for an accomplished leader with transactional M&A experience to step in and serve as the organization’s President and guide the team toward scaling the business to both social impacts and geographic reach.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision; Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances; Takes a long-term view of organizational success; Works to clarify long term organizational goals; Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far-reaching ideas.
Planning and Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work; Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified; Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks; Develops plans that anticipate obstacles; Is realistic about timescales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles; Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added value and return on investment; Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Recognizes when change is necessary; Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives; Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change; Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
Makes an immediate positive impression upon others; Has presence and commands respect; Comes across with force and quickly establishes credibility; Accurately predicts the effects of own words and actions.
- Provide strategic direction to the business in consultation with the Executive Chair and Advisory Board
- Mobilize all stakeholders to support the vision and mission of the organization.
- Develop specific strategies to ensure growth in clients and products/IP as well as the long-term viability of the organization.
- Develop risk models to support all the value chains within the business.
- Craft strategies to support the social responsibility interventions undertaken by the business.
- Develop and sustain an organizational culture that supports the long-term strategy of the business.
- Develop and builds sustainable internal systems and policies that can withstand external environmental impacts.
- Ensure that the organization is at the forefront of leveraging digital technologies to support the business strategy.
- Ensures that the organization complies in full with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that the business operates as a responsible citizen.
- Mobilizes and ensures adequate funding for all business activities of the organization.
- Market Share
- Brand Team
- Free cash flow
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains senior management and professional staff.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Executes and implements the strategic business plan, developed in consultation with the Executive Chair and Advisory board, for the organization, including the achievement of assigned metrics such as those related to financial forecasts and customer satisfaction (e.g., EBITDA).
- Collaborates and communicates at all levels of the organization to meet corporate and division goals.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations, and company policies, procedures, and compliance programs.
- Approves contracts, actively assisting with negotiations.
- Approves advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, developments, new technologies, and market conditions relevant to the division and industry.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Ability to quickly understand the company’s policies, procedures, systems, and objectives.
- Thorough understanding of fiscal and human resource management techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of compliance requirements and governmental regulations.
- Ability to produce sales and implement marketing strategies.
- Ability to develop divisional policies and procedures that are effective and clear.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop and present comprehensive reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and discretion.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and, at times, stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, or related field or equivalent work and life experience.
- At least ten years of leadership experience
- Proven expertise in increasing profits and revenue generation in a company with >$5M in earnings
- Knowledge of issues facing Canada’s Indigenous Peoples and of life in Canada’s North are highly desirable.
Contact person: Catherine Pan ([email protected])