THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a privately owned company that provides monitoring solutions and equipment for studying man made and natural seismicity. They are headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices in Calgary, Beijing, Houston and representatives worldwide.
Their customers are what motivate and inspire them, and have always been, first and foremost, their partners in scientific discovery. Together, they have found solutions to the most difficult monitoring challenges, developing new products and services along the way. Working with the world’s leading scientific institutions, universities, and geological surveys, as well as some of the world’s largest energy producers, our client has been changing the way the world does seismology for over 30 years.
Over the years the company has evolved into the full-service, integrated solutions provider they are today, offering turnkey seismic networks, industry-leading precision instrumentation, complete data processing and analysis services, and software applications. Their innovative technology is used in mission-critical seismic arrays and tsunami warning systems in over 90 countries across the globe.
Our client is an international company with sales managers and representatives in over 40 countries. Their work is in instrumentation and network sales. Working closely with business development, product management, marketing, finance, and operations functions the successful candidate will drive top line growth in a sustainable fashion and in line with the corporate risk profile. The group is a collaborative, curious and high functioning team of passionate Sales Professionals that strives for exceeding business goals and making their clients’ customers’ lives better.
The role reports to the Vice President and General Manager.
- Oversee all aspects of new product line business development with a focus on diversification, sustainability, and long-term growth while adhering to the corporate risk profile
- Work with Operations and Development teams to strategically manage client-facing pilot projects to demonstrate new value proposition concepts, develop client relationships, obtain critical early feedback, and maximize investment return via subsequent commercialization
- Drive business investment decisions via comprehensive market research and analysis, as well as development and presentation of compelling business plans
- Foster an agile business development culture across all client-facing and product development business unit teams
- Work in collaboration with a network of international partners to facilitate new product and development leading to geographical market expansion
- Work cross-functionally to lead the diversification of the traditional instrumentation box sale customers to include revenue from value-added service, data, and knowledge products
- Work with senior executives to develop, prioritize, and implement market strategies, achieve market penetration
- Strategically utilize marketing resources to effectively articulate new product vision and tangible/quantifiable target client benefits via marketing campaigns and collateral
- Facilitate business development initiative and investment reviews as well as status updates to executives and senior management
The successful candidate knows how to lead meaningful discussions with members of the academic and scientific community. With a creative mindset and critical thinking abilities you strive to lead an ambitious business expansion in a high-paced and dynamic market. You are personable with the ability to listen and focus on clients’ required outcomes to provide the most optimal solution and motivate and lead teams to help execute on client goals. You also have a proven ability to translate clients’ outcomes and challenges into opportunities to inform new product development, market expansion, and advance science.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Marketing, Business Management, Science, or a related field
- MBA would be considered an asset
- 8+ years of sales experience with a demonstrated record of success in the high-tech sector
- 8+ years of experience in a strategic business development role in the high-tech sector with focus on scientific, academic and government sectors is considered an asset
- Solid understanding of the complete sales cycle management from prospecting to closing
- Experience working with international clients and ability to understand and develop business within different work cultures
- Ability to navigate client corporate structures to identify decision-makers
- Proven track record of expanding a business, building brands externally and driving business development culture internally
- Proven ability to translate high-level strategic market expansion objectives into cross-functional action plans the execution of which leads to the desired business outcome
- Applied curiosity to constantly seek insights and patterns in ongoing business interactions and drive continuous improvement
Adopts an energetic approach; Works towards goals and willingly tackles
demanding tasks; Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over
long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
- Strategic Approach
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision; Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances; Takes a long-term view of organizational success; Works to clarify long term organizational goals; Able to stand back from immediate problems to focus on more far-reaching ideas.
- Industry and Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them; Aware of Confidential competitor’s products, services, and position; Is rigorous in researching data related to target markets.
Generates new ideas; Challenges existing assumptions; Goes beyond the status quo; Recognizes the need for new or modified approaches; Brings various perspectives and approaches together, combining them in a creative fashion to implement effective improvements.
Why You’ll Love Working With Our Client
- You will be joining an amazing team of energetic and dedicated professionals in a dynamic, collaborative, and progressive atmosphere
- Competitive total compensation package including Benefits, RRSP, and Bonus opportunities
- The chance to make positive and impactful contributions in your work
- Client supports and encourages learning opportunities and provides access to LinkedIn Learning and several other Professional Development opportunities
Contact person: Catherine Pan (email@example.com)