THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a privately owned company that provides monitoring solutions and equipment for studying man-made and natural seismicity. The firm is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices in Calgary, Beijing and Houston and representatives worldwide.
Our client’s customers are what motivate and inspire them, and have always been their partners in scientific discovery. Together, they have found solutions to the most difficult monitoring challenges, developing new products and services along the way. Working with the world’s leading scientific institutions, universities, and geological surveys, as well as some of the world’s largest energy producers, our client has been changing the way the world does seismology for over 30 years.
Over the years our client has evolved into the full-service, integrated solutions provider they are today, offering turnkey seismic networks, industry-leading precision instrumentation, complete data processing and analysis services, and software applications. Their innovative technology is used in mission-critical seismic arrays and tsunami warning systems in over 90 countries across the globe.
Reporting to the Director, Global Sales and Business Development, Seismic Monitoring Services the position is an outcome-focused Senior Business Development role, bringing a passion for the mining industry. The department is a dynamic team providing turnkey services and data products to a variety of industries around the world. The team is small but powerful and has achieved great success building solutions to answer their customer’s needs and they continue their journey in the Mining market. They work closely with Sales, Product Management, Marketing and Operations functions to drive market expansion and revenue diversification in a sustainable fashion and in line with the corporate risk profile. They are a collaborative, curious and high functioning team of passionate Business Development Professionals that strives for exceeding business goals and making their clients’ customers’ lives better.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee all aspects of the SMS mining monitoring market entry with the focus on sustainable long-term growth while adhering to the corporate risk profile.
- Perform the role of the mining-related product manager and owner.
- Drive product development investment decisions via well-researched compelling business plans.
- Drive mining market technical sales as the corporate Subject Matter Expert (SME); train, mentor and support existing sales staff on new product value propositions and use cases.
- Coordinate all stages of the mining market-related business development process from Identifying and qualifying new leads to bringing them to a close and revenue.
- Accountable for the successful implementation of the agile business development culture across all client-facing and mining product development business unit teams
- Define new collaboration models and work with Operations teams to establish a network of complementary partners to facilitate mining market expansion and project execution.
- Work with Operations and Development teams to strategically manage client-facing pilot projects to demonstrate new value proposition concepts, develop client relationships, obtain critical early feedback, and maximize investment return via subsequent commercialization.
Adopts an energetic approach; Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks; Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role; Has thorough knowledge of role and responsibilities, relevant products, services and methods; Expands technical knowledge/role proficiency and keeps up to date in own area of expertise.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision; Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances; Takes a long-term view of organizational success; Works to clarify long term organizational goals; Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far-reaching ideas.
Proactive; Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately; Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
You have a collaborative approach, excellent communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels of the organization. You have a proven track record of coordinating with cross functional teams (R&D, Sales, Marketing, Operations) focused on identifying, developing, and closing geophysical data product business opportunities targeted primarily at the mining market. You are looking for your next high-profile, strategic position tasked with driving all aspects of business expansion in support of the long-term corporate service revenue growth and diversification objectives.
- BSc in Geophysics, Seismology, Physics, Engineering, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in mine seismology, monitoring or geomechanics with solid technical understanding combined with strong business acumen
- Deep understanding of mine seismology market, competitive landscape, industry product offerings and customer challenges
- Proven ability to translate high-level strategic market expansion objectives into cross-functional action plans the execution of which leads to the desired business outcome
- Product/technology development experience an asset
- Technical Sales, support or business development experience an asset
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage various projects with tight deadlines
Why You’ll Love Working With Our Client
- You will be joining an amazing team of energetic and dedicated professionals in a dynamic, collaborative, and progressive atmosphere
- Competitive total compensation package including Benefits, RRSP, and Bonus opportunities
- The chance to make positive and impactful contributions in your work
- Client supports and encourages learning opportunities and provides access to LinkedIn Learning and several other Professional Development opportunities
Contact person: Catherine Pan ([email protected])