THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Established in 1988, our client is a leading independently-managed investment management and wealth planning firm providing customized services to high net worth families, foundations and endowments across Canada.
With approximately $2.5B of assets under management, our client has an enviable reputation for unwavering commitment to excellence and integrity and its business success is aligned with that of its clients’.
With a growing client base and an eye toward the future, our client is adding a new member to its investment team.
Scope of Position
As an integral member of the Investment Committee, the Senior Equity Analyst / Portfolio Manager will work collaboratively with other committee members to determine asset allocation, select specific investments and contribute to overall portfolio construction.
The Senior Equity Analyst / Portfolio Manager will have primary responsibility for research and analysis across several sectors of the North American equity market and make buy / sell recommendations that align with the client’s investment approach of owning high-quality businesses with reasonable valuations.
- Conduct fundamental investment analysis on companies and industries by researching and analyzing competitive environments, business strategies, and financial information
- Undertake research and monitoring of the firm’s existing equity portfolio – individual securities and overall portfolio
- Identify and analyze potential new equity investments consistent with the firm’s investment philosophy
- Perform financial statement analysis to interpret a business and understand the value it generates
- Prepare research summaries and proposed portfolio changes for consideration at Investment Committee meetings
- Present ideas and research in written and oral form
- Exercise judgement in making value-added investment decisions in conjunction with the Investment Committee
- Attend investment conferences, company presentations, monitor news and remain current with economic, market and company developments
- Use investment, portfolio management, portfolio analytics, and attribution tools
- Support the client relationship and business development team by providing high-quality economic, market and portfolio overviews in individual and group meetings, as well as responses to information requests
- New business is key to the firm – act as an ambassador to actively assist in creating and expanding client relationships
- Minimum eight years of investment and research experience
- Advanced knowledge of principles and practices of investment management, analytics and portfolio management
- Knowledge of and experience with economics, industry sectors, trends, competitive dynamics and individual corporations
- Ability to examine, interpret and evaluate data and exercise good judgement to make value-added investment decisions
- Ability to proactively identify, manage and mitigate risks and issues
- Excellent industry reputation based on credibility, integrity and a strong work ethic
- A team player, with exceptional interpersonal skills — ability to interact successfully with all levels of staff and clients in a positive, collaborative way
- Strong communicator able to make compelling presentations to a variety of audiences
- Operates comfortably under pressure and stays focused on accomplishing results
- Astute math skills; strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Bloomberg
- Integrity, sincerity, and focus, with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Shares the following core values:
- Loves to learn
- Values respect
- Is a clear communicator
- Takes ownership
- Brings a positive attitude
- Acts as a collaborative team player
- Masters, or at minimum, an undergraduate degree in a related discipline (Finance, Commerce, Economics)
Remuneration & Benefits
- A compensation package commensurate with experience
If interested, please contact:
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 555
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 233