THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, and collaboratively partnering closely with members of the Executive Team, the VP, Production and Operations will have a critical leadership role within the Company. The primary responsibilities include management of the overall production functions, materials management, warehousing, and maintenance.
The VP will ensure GMP manufacturing and safety requirements are maintained, continuously interfacing extensively with the production floor, tech transfer, quality, regulatory, manufacturing and program management functions. The ideal candidate will have proven experience leading a world class manufacturing organization.
The VP interacts primarily with the following internal stakeholders: Production teams, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Mechanical and Engineering Services, Materials Management, Human Resources.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction; clarifies roles and responsibilities; adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Planning and Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work; produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified; plans by breaking down large task into subtasks; develops plans that anticipate obstacles; is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Has a reputation for execution and delivery; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve/exceed them.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision; Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances; Takes a long-term view of organizational success; Works to clarify long term organizational goals; Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Recognizes when change is necessary; Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives; Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change; Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
- Ensures the timely delivery of high quality pharmaceutical and consumer health product through the adherence to established procedures, safety practices and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Lead the activities of the warehouse, materials management, maintenance packaging, formulation, and aseptic processing teams.
- Lead and facilitate continuous improvement in the day to day operations to support the achievment of plant goals.
- Negotiate the resolution of issues impacting production.
- Ensure the achievment of the Local Operating Plan
- Determine plant manufacturing performance objectives/KPI’s, and facilitate the effective communication of these goals
- Implement systems to facilitate the reporting of metrics
- Evaluate production variances and determine a course of action to resolve issues
- Prepare budgets and monitor budget adherence
- Ensure, in conjunction with the Quality leadership, that we maintain our compliance status in all of our chosen markets. Currently Health Canada and US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Ensure we are 100% up to date on all training
- Ensrue all quality programs with manufacturing are current and metrics are in place to track adherence i.e. Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA’s) are in conformity
- Motivate and develop staff to exceed perofrmance expectations
- Support the achievment of learning and development objectives
- Adocate cross-functional training and development, fostering a team environment throughout the plant
- Provide objective and timely performance feedback; resolve any performance issues within the group
- Establish operational standards production, quality, scheduling, materials management and capacity planning, implanting processes to improve all overall productivity, product quality and reduce cost of goods.
Preferred Expereince / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Univeristy degree in a related scientific disciplien (M.S./PhD preferred)
- Proven leadership ability and technical problem-solving capability
- Extensive experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing with at least 15 years in a senior management role
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent innovative and analytical skills