THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Headquartered in Toronto and with operations throughout North America our client is a highly successful financial services company that is well positioned to continue its explosive growth and success.
Led by a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial and proven leadership team our client is publicly traded and has built a values driven organization that has exceeded its performance targets
Scope of Position
To capitalize on the Company’s market opportunity, our client seeks to bring on an experienced senior accounting executive to oversee the External Financial Reporting function. The role will initially start-off on a 6 – 12 month consulting assignment with a strong possibility of it evolving into a fulltime role.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the executive will be responsible for ensuring that all financial reporting is undertaken in a timely and accurate fashion in compliance with all regulatory requirements and accounting standards. This individual will be accustomed to dealing with complex reporting issues.
- Ensure the accurate and timely dissemination of financial information including, but not limited to all external monthly financial statements, management reports, in compliance with US GAAP/IFRS and Sarbanes Oxley, as appropriate for subsidiaries of a public company
- Interpret the corporation’s operating results and recommend improvements as appropriate
- Provide recommendations around the development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of financial controls, policies, procedures, processes, and systems, as well as internal/external audits
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the finance staff in the organization
- Ensure that the financial practices and processes of the organization are efficient and responsive to the needs of the business
- Assist team members with using existing, and developing new, metrics to measure performance, and ensures systems and processes are in place to provide timely and accurate information to support them
- Report on the company’s financials (i.e. P&L, Balance sheet, cash flow etc.) to the executive management team and Board of Directors
The following competencies listed below define the role of Vice President, Finance:
Adopts an energetic approach. Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks. Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Consults widely for business or technical advice, probes for facts and obtains information from a wide variety of sources. Differentiates the critical from the irrelevant or trivial.
Draws parallels across situations and contexts. Divides problems into their individual elements. Develops several explanations or alternatives. Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Makes an immediate positive impression upon others. Has presence and commands respect. Comes across with force and quickly establishes credibility. Accurately predicts the effects of own words and actions. Makes an immediate positive impression upon others.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Commerce or Administration with CA or equivalent designation;
- A minimum of 15-20 years of progressive, hands-on experience in public company financial reporting
- Experience with generally accepted accounting standards and practices as they related to publicly traded companies, including GAAP/IFRS.
- Financial services industry experience is highly desired
- An analytical, detail oriented, team player that adapts well to change
- Ability to work independently and multi-task under pressure
- Presents quick decision-making skills
- Deep understanding of complex financial instruments such as derivatives, swaps, and hedges
Remuneration & Benefits
- A generous compensation package commensurate with experience will be discussed with serious and qualified candidates.