THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a leader in advanced refrigeration technologies and services. Their product offerings include: refrigeration equipment, computerized refrigeration control systems, contracting, engineering, design, service and support for clients in a broad range of industries.
Due to continued growth our client is creating a new position which will be charged with both developing and executing new market penetration strategies. This is a ground floor opportunity to build a new division in an incredibly successful organization.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the company President, the Head of Business Development will act as the primary catalyst for the sales of the company’s products and services into new markets. These products and services will feature new sustainable technology that helps achieve GreenChill certification.
- Combine technical knowledge and sales skills in order to consult with current and potential clients with respect to new emerging technologies
- Conduct research to identify potential clients who will benefit from energy saving state of the art “green” technologies as well as new applications of products currently offered
- Work as a collaborative member of the construction and design team with the responsibility to create or improve upon client relationships as well as building partnerships with Architects, Engineers and Builders.
- Work with clients and potential clients in order to understand and assess product need and provide exciting and innovative new product solutions available from the organization.
- Work with the Commercial and Industrial team to provide pre-sales education and assistance to potential customers regarding products and services offered and their ability to satisfy both energy saving and environmentally sustainable solutions.
- Negotiate, calculate and prepare client quotations.
- Track bid and quote progress.
- Develop strategies to overcome or eliminate obstacles that may hinder effective sales techniques.
- Continually research and develop new applications for products and services offered.
- Create and maintain client relationships, consistently searching for new, potential clients who may benefit from services and products provided.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific measures of performance will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of – Head of Business Development at the Industrial Refrigeration company.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor’s products, services and position.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Adopts an energetic approach. Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks. Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- 5 to 10 years of previous technical sales experience.
- 5 to 10 years of practical sales experience within a relevant industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
- Ability to articulate complex technical information to clients.
- Demonstrated presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, strong analytical skills and detail-oriented.
- Goal oriented, with a proven history of meeting or exceeding sales goals.
Remuneration & Benefits
Highly competitive compensation package for the successful candidate