THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Founded in 2004, our client has designed the world’s first nonintrusive and award winning network appliance simplifying archiving, indexing, retrieval and dynamic monitoring of corporate email and messaging data. Company’s latest solution launched in 2014 sets a new standard for the industry with its cCore hardware and ergo software to form an integrated solution that is simple, secure and scalable, offering absolute control of confidential messaging data whether it is email, attachments or instant messaging.
Our client is rapidly moving towards offering a unified solution for governance of electronically stored information as organizations of all sizes struggle with the unprecedented and growing usage of unstructured information sharing through social media and enterprise collaboration tools. Our client is positioning itself to be a first mover in this growing area of governance and eDiscovery.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the CEO, and assuming a critical position on the management team, the Vice President, Sales will be responsible for developing, directing and executing sales strategy for current and future product offerings. Driving top line results, the Vice-President, Sales will act as company’s primary sales interface and will be responsible for revenue growth across all customer, geographic and product segments.
In addition, the Vice-President, Sales will be tasked with refining the sales processes and channel models, all while leading the sales team in rapidly scaling the company’s sales engine.
- Lead and generate direct and channel sales, with a focus on large enterprise customers (companies with over 1,000 employees)
- Hire, develop and build a high-performance sales team, able to meet or exceed
- Company’s business goals and budget objectives
- Monitor and analyse sales costs and manage activities and deals aggressively toprotect gross margins assigned to the products
- Refine and enhance all sales processes for direct and third party channel sales
- Motivate, monitor and provide day-to-day management of the sales team, leadingthem to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the
position is designed to achieve.
- Achieve personal and team quotas for net new customers acquired
- Talent management — moving ‘C’ salespeople out and investing in ‘A’ salespeople
- Hit customer churn targets for reducing lost customer to under 15% annually
- Fill the sales pipeline with well-qualified and ‘winable’ opportunities
- Aggressively manage sales expenses
The following competencies listed below define the role of Vice President, Sales at
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Adopts an energetic approach. Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks. Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Integrity & Sincerity
Inspires trust and supports others through own authenticity and following up on commitments. Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally. Shows consistency among principles.
Generates new ideas. Challenges existing assumptions. Goes beyond the status quo. Recognizes the need for new or modified approaches. Brings various perspectives and approaches together, combining them in a creative fashion to implement effective improvements.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor’s products, services and position.
Encourages others by creating enthusiasm, a feeling of investment and a desire to excel. Inspires a healthy attitude to work by recognizing positive contributions.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Remuneration & Benefits
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications
that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and