THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a world leading, technology company that has grown over multiple decades. The Company: develops, manufactures, sells, and supports hardware-based products and systems into a multi-hundred million dollar market, and has been recognized as the segment leader by two major market research organizations. The firm’s products and services are marketed and sold through global distribution channels which consist of: OEMs, systems integrators, and distributors. The company is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada and is a subsidiary of a publicly traded company, also renowned in their segment.
The General Manager (GM) reports to the Company’s President and has additional reporting responsibilities to the Chief Executive Officer of the company’s parent organization. The GM is responsible for day-to-day leadership of all functional groups, excluding Research and Development, which reports to the company’s President. The GM’s groups include: Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Operations, Finance, Human Resources, and Information Systems and Technology.
Directly or through the leadership of his/her team:
- Works closely with the Company’s and parent organization’s global team to help further grow the business
- Contributes leadership and vision to the organization through helping to drive the development and communication of strategic plans, and the creation, execution, and evaluation of corresponding operational plans
- Has P&L responsibility, and develops, monitors, reports on, and is accountable for, company goals and key performance metrics, and responds with corrective actions as required
- Develops and documents the requirements, justification, and plans to further improve functional and cross-functional efficiency and effectiveness
- Champions the refinement of existing, and introduction of new, business and information processes and systems to help fulfill the corporate objectives
- Ensures the company’s world leading brand is promoted to key stakeholders, and maintains and enhances the Company’s ability and reputation for delivering quality products and services
- Delivers accurate sales forecasts which are met or exceeded, at or above profitability targets
- Builds on and further improves existing financial processes, controls, and reporting to help ensure business targets and financial targets are met
- Provides input to program roadmaps and development plans through requirements definitions based on market feedback and business intelligence
- Drives timely product delivery, at or above target margins, through in-house manufacturing and external partners
- Continues to promote a strong, supportive corporate culture which includes an analytical, “roll-up the sleeves” approach and consultative decision making
- Recruits, motivates, and develops key personnel and maintains attrition levels below the industry average
Preferred Education and Experience
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- A university degree in technology, finance, or information systems; an MBA is an asset
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive, cross-functional management experience in a technology-based product manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated track record of supporting or leading domestic and international sales through distribution channels including: OEMs, systems integrators and distributors
- Significant financial management experience, including business and information systems development and deployment in a product manufacturing environment
- Experience leading change to drive further levels of profitable growth
Location and Travel
This position is based at the Company’ corporate headquarters in Ottawa, Canada. Business trips to visit the Company’s and its parent organization’s global offices, partners, and clients are typically planned in advance and will amount to an approximate10% travel commitment.