About the Company
Our client is a leading North American aluminum products company serving OEMs across a range of industries including construction, distribution and transportation. Widely recognized for the robustness of its solutions and superior customer service, our client is headquartered in the Greater Toronto Area and has facilities across North America. The company is privately owned and operated.
Our client looks to bring on an operationally oriented President that will report to the CEO with the possibility of succession. Scope of Position
Reporting to the CEO, the President will have oversight for executing upon the company’s corporate goals and strategy. Levering the company’s market positioning, momentum and growing markets to assess and enhance the strategy, systems, processes and people, the President will be responsible to profitably grow revenues. The successful candidate will bring a driving, hands-on, ‘lead from the front’ style to the task while nurturing a collaborative culture of excellence.
The President, will lead the senior leadership team in developing, planning, and directing strategies for the direction and administration of all business activities, including materials management, engineering, customer service, quality, estimating, manufacturing, R&D, technical services and sales support, to obtain economy of operations and maximize profits.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong industry positioning and opportunity for growth
- Committed, stable ownership structure with a long-term perspective
- Highly entrepreneurial culture
- An opportunity to make a real difference
Operationally focused and hands-on, the President will foster the company’s strategy and growth by:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the company to ensure the timely implementation and execution of the business and financial plans.
- Architect the organization ensuring that it has in place the human resources, processes and operational capabilities by which to scale and the corporate culture to outperform.
- Collaborate with the CEO, CFO and other senior stakeholders in developing an operating budget and take all necessary actions to operate within those fiscal plans.
- Drive the revenue build process with growth the goal. Refine and align the sales organization to those goals.
- Maintain, improve, create senior level relationships with existing and potential customers, suppliers and strategic partners.
- Provide ongoing direction, performance management and developmental support to the executive team. Continue to build world-class capabilities by selecting, training, compensating and motivating all personnel (ie right people in right roles at right time doing the right things).
- Perform formal performance evaluations. Focus the team to accelerate and drive the growth in revenues, new market development, sector leadership and profitability.
- Create and sustain a viable organizational structure to make optimum use of human resources, technology and systems.
- Remain abreast of the industry, competitors and trends with a view to ensuring that all alliance, acquisition and investment opportunities are considered and the most attractive pursued.
- Where possible, lead the expansion of the company business and brand into new markets engaging with strategic stakeholders in those markets.
- Provide the most reliable projections on future performance that can be developed, as well as reliable reports of current performance.
- Report regularly and proactively to the CEO and other key stakeholders on results and plans going forward.
- Develop, plan, and direct strategies for the direction and administration of the business, including materials management, engineering, customer service, quality, estimating, manufacturing, R&D, technical services and support, to drive operational excellence and maximize profits.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure operational milestones are met on time, with high quality and that they meet the cost objectives that are established; reporting on a monthly as well as a quarterly basis.
- Where the business varies from target, make necessary adjustments and develop plans with teams to adjust course and communicate to the stakeholders.
- Promote the organization in industry, manufacturing or trade associations
Strives to provide customers with personalized and efficient service; Anticipates customers’ needs; Quickly follows up on customer contacts and complaints; Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner; Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience; Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately.
Strives for excellence in products, processes and/or services through continued evaluation, enhancement and redefinition of quality standards.
Quickly adapts to new situations and approaches; Open to change and readily adopts new methods in the face of shifting priorities and ambiguity; Can alter own perspective and behavior in order to adjust to changing demands and plans.
Planning and Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work; Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified; Plans by breaking down large tasks into subtasks; Is realistic about time-scales and incorporates appropriate milestones and controls to ensure desired results.
Draws parallels across situations and contexts; Divides problems into their individual elements; Develops several explanations or alternatives; Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction; Clarifies roles and responsibilities; Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
The following describes industry and functional experience/qualifications important to success in the role.
- Ideally 15-20 years’ experience within large, owner-operated, multi-site manufacturing organizations.
- Experienced with fiscal management and responsibility, business finance, capital funding, risk management, contracts, and partnerships. Previous P&L experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage key internal and external relationships, including customers, business partners, suppliers.
- Proven track-record of successfully leading, motivating and mentoring cross-functional, geographically distributed teams to exceed expectations.
- Preference will be given to individuals with a track-record of success in driving operational excellence by continuously monitoring and implementing systems, processes and controls.
- A metrics driven individual with attention to detail combined with solid operational skills and experience.
- A strategically minded executive with strong communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to put value creation into perspective and know what makes the business tick.
- An ‘own it, solve it’ mindset with a willingness to roll-up his/her sleeves.
Remuneration & Benefits
- A market competitive compensation package reflecting the successful candidate’s experience.
If interested, please contact:
StoneWood Group, Toronto