About the Company
Our client is an award-winning, employee-owned multidisciplinary firm that delivers a comprehensive range of technical and strategic services, including consulting, information technology, engineering, process development, project and construction management to large industrial sectors. The firm has served clients for over 80 years and has project experience in more than 150 countries around the world.
The firm is widely recognized for its ability to bridge the gaps between research and innovative technologies, and between engineering and reliable operations. It is particularly known for working with clients to develop business strategies and technologies; managing and optimizing production; executing projects that involve the scale-up of process technologies; and managing start-ups, commissioning and ramp-ups.
Our client delivers unprecedented business results for its clients through a commitment to quality, lower operating costs, more efficient utilization of capital assets, higher standards for safety and risk management, faster start-ups and continuous performance improvements in all projects and programs.
Scope of the Position
Our client’s digital technologies business addresses large, asset-intensive industrial markets sectors such as Mining, Metals, Energy, and Infrastructure. Data is dramatically transforming those assets, making them more valuable than ever. Our client helps create smarter, more efficient businesses, delivers intelligent actionable insights, improves safety and enhances labor as well as business outcomes. More specifically, our client’s technologies enable new ways of work based on Integrated Operations, Digital Value Chains, Automation and Autonomy, Asset Intelligence, Operational Intelligence and Advanced Planning and Scheduling.
Our client is looking for an entrepreneurial thought/market leader with proven experience in engaging industrial clients to drive innovative application of digital ideas in the oil and gas, power generation, transmission or distribution, ports and rail or water treatment sector. This will involve:
- Having a value-centric client engagement focus, with the ability to secure digital business for our client
- Driving new ideas and business through relationship building across our client’s eco-system of industry experts, technology partners and clients
- Engaging with key client stakeholders to understand specific business or operational needs and identify the solution requirements that will have direct impact on our clients’ businesses
- Synchronizing business needs with solutions that consider the full spectrum of the solution including people, process and technology
- Developing the business case to move client digital projects forward into full scale implementation
- Driving business and solution functional requirements definitions through client engagement and workshopping
- Guiding first-in-class technology implementations and delivery of client projects
Our client’s digital business is young, and thus the Market Leader will require an entrepreneurial spirit with a technical soul. Key to success will be the ability to understand client industry trends and leverage internal and external relationships to identify, target and realize digital strategies and visions with practical digital technology solutions. High value use cases will be developed through relationships that span client teams, our client’s internal advisory team consultants, deep industry experts, and external suppliers to understand their technologies and applications.
- Lead the team’s business development by identifying leads, qualifying new sales pursuits, formulating proposals and crafting work and project approaches
- Secure new business and extend existing engagement for Digital in target oil and gas, power generation, transmission or distribution, ports and rail or water treatment sectors and territories
- Work closely with other Business Unit leadership and their clients to support the development of opportunities and securing of new business
- Development of client pursuit plans, presentations and business cases
- Take on applicable project sponsorship roles ensuring that digital solutions meet clients’ expectations and be the central point for client relationship management
- Formulate approaches and execution plans that balance technology investment with risk and benefit thereby providing value to the client through targeted improvement in processes and operations
- Act as consultant to our client’s digital technical teams and experts to assist in translating business/operational needs from functional requirements to technical requirements to a working solution with a focus on the full solution encompassing people, process, and technology aspects
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for the Digital Practice representing it at conferences, speaking engagements, and other external industry related events
- Bring deep existing relationships that can be leveraged;
- Focus the team on accelerating and driving the growth of the business, new market penetration and development, sector leadership and profitability.
- Remain abreast of the industry, competitors and technology trends with a view to ensuring that the firm’s services best align to market needs;
- Where possible, leverage relationships and projects to the benefit of other divisions and the organization as a whole.
Key Performance Indicators
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be discussed with and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Regional Digital Technologies Market Leader
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor’s products, services and position.
Incorporates information about the organization’s structure and protocol into decisions. Attentive to the internal politics and alert to shifting interpersonal dynamics. Establishes the necessary support networks and cross-functional relationships through rapport building. Recognizes, maintains and effectively balances the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the broader organization.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Preferred Experience and Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- 15 years’ experience in oil and gas, power generation, transmission or distribution, ports and rail or water treatment sector
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a business development role carrying full cycle B2B sales responsibility with a solid understanding of Enterprise Solution Sales helping buyers navigate and manage their internal purchasing processes
- Minimum 2 years focused on the development, specification or application of Digital/Industry 4.0-like applications with experience being in at least one of the following: Control Systems; Operational and Production Systems (MES/MOM); EAM; IT/OT Integration; Analytics; Optimization/Simulation; Operations Research; Autonomous and Automation; or other Digital/IR4.0 specialties.
- Proven experience in successfully applying digital technologies / solutions to very traditional working environments
- Proven technical consulting experience including demonstrated client engagement skills that enabled problem synthesis and solution development through targeted interactions
- Strong business development, sales and client engagement orientation with a proven track record of exceptional sales success and operational excellence by creating successful internal and external partnerships.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive, unique compensation package to the successful candidate
If interested, please contact:
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 777
StoneWood Group, Toronto
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 555