THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
In a report on trends in data management, the firm G2 predicted that in 2021 data-driven leaders will prioritize investments in scalable data platforms to effectively secure, govern, and analyze data across business functions through a single unified platform. These platforms will provide greater control over and allow seamless access to their data, irrespective of where it resides, ultimately helping them gain valuable insights and make better business decisions.
Our client is a venture-capital-backed start-up with an innovative, highly intuitive way for people to collaborate and for data to operate. Their software creates a data environment that provides centralized access via a single, unified view of an organization’s data that inherits access and governance restrictions, irrespective of the data’s format or location. They deliver transformative value to their clients, which include major corporations across multiple vertical markets.
While our client’s technologies have been described by customers as the future of data management, collaboration and centralization, their approach is innovative and non-traditional. Thus, effectively framing, educating and communicating the power and potential of their technologies to an ever-changing market is key for the firm to realize its full market potential. The marketing aspects of this collective task will be the responsibility of the Vice-President Marketing.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Explosive industry and company growth;
- Disruptive technology;
- Committed leadership and investors;
- An opportunity to make a real difference.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Marketing will be responsible for planning and executing high-impact, strategic marketing programs to promote the firm’s unmatched technologies. The position will also manage the execution of digital marketing campaigns and lead/demand generation strategy to support new demand and pipeline conversion.
The VP Marketing is a key contributor to achieving our client’s near-term and long-term objectives. The VP Marketing works closely with other members of the executive team to deliver technologies that will be highly successful in the marketplace.
Build a demand gen machine:
- Create, deliver, and execute exceptional demand-gen campaigns. Identify and execute innovative, out-of-the-box programs to drive leads and pipeline resulting in strong ROI.
- Manage content and inbound marketing programs, including campaigns, content marketing, thought leadership, and lead scoring to generate and qualify leads for sales.
- Develop effective sales tools, enablement programs, and presentations.
Build an iconic brand:
- Build and enhance the company into a truly world-class brand.
- Be an evangelist, manage the website, social media channels, blog, newsletter, and publicity to promote and build a reputation with prospects and partners.
- Ensure brand alignment throughout the end-to-end engagement experience.
Lead everything with product:
- Jointly with the firm’s VP Sales, develop and execute outcomes-focused go-to-market strategy, including research, launch, communications, training, and execution.
- Develop effective positioning and collateral working with product, sales, and CEO.
- Manage the Marketing budget and measure ROI attainment thru performance indicators.
- In concert with leadership, strive to maximize KPI results through accurate forecasting.
- Partner with Sales to drive effective prospecting through vertical and role-specific sales enablement campaigns.
- Implement and execute a robust demand generation and lead nurturing engine, resulting in qualified leads and opportunities that translate to top-line revenue growth.
- Remain abreast of competitive offerings, best practices, pricing and distribution strategies.
- Lead the product vision and strategy development process.
- Performing market research, market validation and whitespace analysis to identify new opportunities for existing and new products.
- Foster close relationships with all key market constituents (customers, non-customers, analysts and competitors) to validate product strategy.
- Oversee/complete competitive analysis against key criteria. Identify, analyze and distill customer requirements into a prioritized set suitable to achieve the business goals of the company.
- Maintain close oversight of market analyses to develop and provide market requirements in response to customer needs, and market opportunities.
- Understand the business case for proposed products and initiatives, including cost/benefit estimates, market trends, competitive analysis, risk analysis, industry best practices and product development timelines. Establish selection criteria for product opportunities.
- Ensure that company is represented at relevant external activities such as industry trade shows, customer meetings/presentations and standard body conferences.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific measures of performance will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of VP Marketing at our client:
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed-upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far-reaching ideas.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined, and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down a large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner. Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience. Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Generates new ideas. Challenges existing assumptions. Goes beyond the status quo. Recognizes the need for new or modified approaches. Brings various perspectives and approaches together, combining them in a creative fashion to implement effective improvements.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables:
- Proven experience developing lead/demand generation program & strategies for a B2B software or software-related company.
- Several examples of having successfully led and carried out the Go-to-Market Software Product Launches.
- Experience in category creation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field required; MBA, preferred.
- Knowledgeable of data related technologies – databases, data warehousing, data lakes or related.
- Experience in early-stage organizations preferable.
- Certified in Pragmatic Marketing PM methodology is an asset.
- Excellent in written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Able to work on multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
- A self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package structured to the needs of the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact:
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 777
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 221