THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Publicly traded and located in the Greater Toronto Area, our client is an enterprise software solutions company serving clients globally. The company provides contact center solutions across most industries as well as a suite of mid-market solutions to the telehealth, telecom, transit, and public safety sectors.
Scope of the Position
Reporting to the Global President, the Vice-President Operations will have responsibility for the successful deployment, support of all product and service offerings. Customer satisfaction will be among the most important measures of success.
With oversight of more than 400 deployment and integration, project management, customer support, SaaS development operations and renewals team of professionals globally, the Vice President, Operations will ensure the timely and effective implementation and integration of our client’s enterprise solutions and maintain the companies SaaS cloud operations globally.
- Providing excellent support to customers, building long term relationships with enterprise customers them along the way.
- Managing the companies SaaS offering across cloud service providers globally.
- Growing the firm’s customer support business, ensuring they meet maintenance revenue and other KPI targets.
- Developing the skills, capabilities, responsiveness and effectiveness of the firm’s customer support and technical services organizations.
- Ensuring that the group boasts best practices in its approach, structure, and metrics. Ensure that a culture of proactive excellence defines the group.
- Helping customers avail themselves of the firm’s products and services.
- Continually seeking new support offerings to provide increased value to the firm’s clients while driving increased revenues
- Ensuring that the company’s resources are deployed to ensure projects are delivered to their complete satisfaction (time, cost, quality).
- Continuing to build, train, manage and motivate a top-rated lean global services organization which will own all installation, integration, deployment, and technical support functions.
- Refining project management practices (i.e., scheduling, tracking, planning, risk management etc.) that will reduce implementation times while enhancing customer satisfaction.
- Refining methods and criteria to report on effective P&L on all services that flow through the organization.
- Ensuring that customer support objectives align with those of the services organization and that metrics of performance are in place and met.
- Providing a positive environment for team members to exceed customer expectations.
- Working cooperatively with colleagues to ensure that professional services is an enabler to organizational success.
- Oversight of all contract renewal initiatives, ensuring that churn rates are kept to an absolute minimum.
- Ensuring that scalable processes, policies, procedures are in place to help professional services team build future capacity.
- Acting as the principle senior liaison with the customer to ensure that their needs are being served. Build strong relationships throughout the client organization.
- Identifying, promoting, and successfully securing enhancements to existing client programs as well as new programs.
- Working closely and partnering with the sales organization to assist it in winning new business.
- Develops, monitors and acts upon customer satisfaction metrics.
- Works closely with sales and engineering organization to provide feedback on product issues that impact the services group while ensuring that continuous improvement and best practices are in place.
- Ensuring services are well defined and articulated technically and commercially
- Implement and provide feedback and developmental support to team members through proactive performance management practices.
- Prioritizing and making decisions for the execution of all projects and providing the team with the tools and methodology to effectively deliver those projects.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Vice President Operations:
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time – scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones, and controls to ensure that desired results are realized.
Draws parallels across situations and contexts. Divides problems into their individual elements. Develops several explanations or alternatives. Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services, and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up to date in own area of expertise.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Preferred Experience and Education
The following indicates specific academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Executive level product deployment, maintenance, and support management experience in the software industry
- Contact center technology experience and know-how preferred
- Experience integrating acquisitions
- Proven track-record of leading organizations transition from ‘on-prem’ model to cloud based SaaS model
- 15 years + experience in the software or technology sector, leading teams of 100+ professionals
- Solid experience managing a P&L of a service and support organization
- Passion for customer service, building processes and developing an organization that will exceed customer expectations.
- Proven track-record in driving operational efficiencies through synergistic alignment.
- Ability to deliver under pressure and cope with a heavy and dynamic workload.
- Creates an inclusive and respectful culture
- Results and accountability oriented
If interested, please contact:
StoneWood Group, Toronto email@example.com