THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Client is dedicated to solving complex data problems with its portfolio of turnkey Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) solutions. As a cloud service provider, Client’s channel-only distribution empowers over 150 value-add resellers and managed service providers to service the data needs of more than 2100 businesses in commercial, enterprise and public sectors across North America, the United Kingdom, Australia, and the Caribbean.
Recognized for its aggressive growth, Client is listed in Globe & Mail’s Report on Business ranking of “Canada’s Top Growing Companies”, Canadian Business “Growth List”, and Channel Daily News “Top 100 Solution Providers” and most recently the 2021 Deloitte Technology Fast 50™️ and Technology Fast 500™️. Client is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario.
Purpose of the Role
The Vice President, Operations (VP Operations) is responsible for overall management of company’s entire global infrastructure and associated operating procedures including its continuous evolution and improvement.
The VP Operations will lead global teams responsible for site reliability, service desk, service delivery and service implementation/provisioning functions and will be responsible for all technical operations and engineering requirements, prioritization, and budgeting activities. In summary, this role is responsible for ensuring that customer deliverables are on time, on budget, and of maximum quality.
This senior level position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and is expected to work closely with the entire senior leadership team while leading most of the technical resources within the company’s team.
Encourages others by creating enthusiasm, a feeling of investment and a desire to excel; Inspires others to follow and a healthy attitude to work by recognizing positive contribution.
Planning and Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work; Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified; Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks; Develops plans that anticipate obstacles; Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones, and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role; Has thorough knowledge of role and responsibilities, relevant products, services, and methods; Expands technical knowledge/role proficiency and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Draws parallels across situations and contexts; Divides problems into their individual elements; Develops several explanations or alternatives; Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service; Listen and understands customer/client needs and conveys then back to the organization to take appropriate action; Quickly follows up on customer/client concerns and deals with them in a professional and efficient manner; Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Has a reputation for execution and delivery; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve/exceed them.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Chief Technology Officer and the Product Management Team on the design of company’s products and services.
- Accountable for the deployment of all service delivery infrastructure.
o Collaborate with company’s Chief Security Officer to ensure adherence to security and compliance safeguards, policies, and procedures.
- Accountable for the ongoing operations of all service delivery infrastructure as follows:
o Critical metrics necessary to report, manage and monitor the performance of overall operations including capacity, availability, and budget.
o A 24x7x365 global Infrastructure and Operations organization with staff located in multiple locations and time zones.
o Event, incident, problem, and change management processes.
- Develop and mentor a high-performing global team of technology professionals, providing strong leadership, guidance, and direction.
- Embrace Agile methods to promote cross-team effectiveness and remove organizational barriers to achieve customer satisfaction excellence.
- Provide and guide service management strategy, process, and procedures across the organization.
- Lead a consistent, measurable process to operationalize and scale all infrastructure capacity and strategic engineering initiatives, delivering on established KPIs and SLAs.
- Work with vendor stakeholders and third-party partners to develop and deliver strategic plans on capital expenditures, licensing, and technical direction.
- Collaborate with the Finance team to establish Opex & Capex forecasting and budgeting.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Post-secondary education, preferably in a field related to technology operations and customer service.
- 10 plus years of experience in a senior operational or services delivery role, with a minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in a 24/7 complex global infrastructure organization.
- Experience building and leading a high-performance team across multiple geographies.
- Customer focused leader able to quickly identify problems and delegate appropriate action for efficient prevention and resolution.
- Experience with enterprise monitoring, managing and inventory of virtual systems and associated automation platforms.
- Experience operating within a compliance-centric environment (SOC, ISO27001/17/18, PCI, Hitrust).
Preference given to candidates with the following skills
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Strategic thinker with a high level of business acumen, pension for innovation, and transformative mindset.
- Experience servicing the public sector, channel partners and enterprise customers.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced and ever evolving environment.
- Passion for driving technology and delivering continuous improvements.
- Experience with leveraging automation to drive efficiencies.
- Strong leadership and team building skills to drive complex strategic projects, manage multiple business-driven initiatives and manage conflict.
Remuneration and Benefits
Comprehensive salary and benefits package.
Contact Person – Catherine Pan (email@example.com)