THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Client is a Privately owned company that provides monitoring solutions and equipment for studying manmade and natural seismicity. They are headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices in Calgary, Beijing and Houston and have representatives worldwide.
Their customers are what motivate and inspire them, and have always been, first and foremost, their partners in scientific discovery. Together, they have found solutions to the most difficult monitoring challenges, developing new products and services along the way. Working with the world’s leading scientific institutions, universities, and geological surveys, as well as some of the world’s largest energy producers, our Client has been changing the way the world does seismology for over 30 years.
Over the years the company has evolved into the full-service, integrated solutions provider we are today, offering turnkey seismic networks, industry-leading precision instrumentation, complete data processing and analysis services, and software applications. Their innovative technology is used in mission-critical seismic arrays and tsunami warning systems in over 90 countries across the globe.
Scope of the Position
Despite everything we know, the earth still has its mysteries. Beneath the surface, it is ever-changing and there is still much to understand. Client develops industry leading instrumentation and services used to measure and record the very precise movements of the earth. These innovative products and services are deployed in the most remote locations on the earth – from the bottom of the ocean to the peak of the Matterhorn Mountain – to study man-made and natural seismicity. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with all areas of the business to expand the boundaries of seismic research and explore the unknown/discover the inner workings of our planet.
This is an exciting opportunity for a result driven senior professional with a demonstrated track record of successfully leading diverse product development and data operations functions.
In this role, you are …
- Excited about leading and developing high-performing Software Development within a scientific organization
- Driven to achieve maximum alignment between product development and front-end business functions towards the common strategic business outcomes
- Open-minded, agile, and creative; not afraid to innovate and try new approaches to developing products that fuel business growth
- Passionate about building high-performing teams and helping team members realize their full potential
- Excited about effectively utilizing leading edge technology as a means of extending industry leadership, driving growth, and facilitating market diversification outcomes
- A committed team player
If a high-profile, strategic position tasked with managing all aspects of a software-as-a-service product delivery is your next challenge and you are thrilled to embark on this next chapter.
You would be joining and leading an experienced, high-performing, and diverse team consisting of scientists working with software engineers to develop industry leading applications. Our team builds, maintains and operates cloud-based software platforms that underpin our 24/7 data center tasked with providing mission-critical seismic monitoring services and data products to operators in industries such as Mining, Oil and Gas, power generation, critical infrastructure, CO2 sequestration and geothermal. The goal is to utilize innovative business models and leading-edge technology to provide clients across various markets with the geophysical data products required to effectively manage seismic risk and maintain business continuity.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Has a reputation for execution and delivery; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve/exceed them.
Coaching and Developing Others
Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees; Challenges others to improve their abilities and actively supports their development; Continually provides timely and constructive feedback, coaching and challenging learning opportunities; Adjusts coaching style based on each employee’s ability and motivation level.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction; Clarifies roles and responsibilities; Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Generates new ideas; Challenges existing assumptions; Goes beyond the status quo; Recognizes the need for new or modified approaches; Brings various perspectives and approaches together, combining them in a creative fashion to implement effective improvements.
- Manage complex product development projects involving Software Development, Scientific Research and Operations teams to ensure on-time, on-budget and to requirements delivery
- Mentor, develop and empower the next level of leaders (talent) to grow with the organization and sustainably drive long term business objectives while fostering innovation and effectively driving accountability across the organization
- Build and lead an organization adopting a SciDevOps culture: one cohesive value stream from scientific algorithms to software development, deployment, and operation
- Build an agile organization well positioned to take on the evolving business challenges and market conditions
- Develop and foster an agile high-velocity development environment to enable effective business development
- Anticipate changes and risks throughout the data/service product lifecycle; assess, mitigate, and manage accordingly
- Establish and continuously review key metrics, analyses, and trends to continuously improve customer satisfaction and business performance. Facilitate program reviews/status updates to executives and senior management
- Implement innovative development framework to drive industry-leading product velocity and quality metrics, as well as rapid iterative improvement based on early market feedback and evolving requirements
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 10+ years of demonstrated passion for building and managing high-performance teams tasked with leading-edge research and development
- Deep understanding and expertise of software development with strong exposure to IT infrastructure or broad range of engineering frameworks, technologies, tools, processes and procedures, architectures etc. as well as broader organizational challenges
- Advanced and highly specialized knowledge of business applications, systems, networks, innovation, design activities, best practices, standards, and governance
- Proven ability to translate high-level strategic objectives and direction into related tactical development and operational execution plans
- Passionate and engaged in the client experience and business outcomes
- Familiarity and experience with implementing Agile, Lean and DevOps software development and operation methodologies as well as managing
- Familiarity and experience with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) software development and distribution models
Why You will Love Working for Client
- You will be joining an amazing team of energetic and dedicated professionals in a dynamic, collaborative, and progressive atmosphere
- Competitive total compensation package including Benefits, RRSP, and Bonus opportunities
- The chance to make positive and impactful contributions in your work
- Client supports and encourages learning opportunities and provides access to LinkedIn Learning and several other Professional Development opportunities
Contact Person: Catherine Pan ([email protected])