About the Company
Headquartered in Southern Ontario, our client is a leading innovator and manufacturer of engineered building products to the global construction, industrial and infrastructure industries.
With a global presence and track record of success delivering next generation solutions to the multi-residential building industry, our client now seeks a Global Business Unit Manager (GBUM) to establish and build a business selling to global rail projects.
Recognized as one of Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies, our client’s future is bright.
Scope of the Position
The GBUM shall be responsible for planning, directing and executing all business development activities globally for the company’s rail products. Driving revenue generation and business expansion globally, the GBUM will focus on ensuring that our client’s solutions become recognized as the solution of choice by leading railroad developers globally.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong industry and company growth
- Proven, innovative technology
- Highly entrepreneurial culture
- An opportunity to make a real difference
This role will appeal to individuals that are not satisfied with just ‘hitting-their-numbers’, but are driven to set new standards of performance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a wide range of functions including, but not limited to, those set out below:
- Identify new business opportunities for the company’s rail product line by identifying global rail projects in target markets
- Identify and develop relationships with key stakeholders within the rail development industry including channel partners, design engineers, rail operators, and other rail construction and developer contacts
- Identify and respond to RFPs on global rail development projects in a timely manner with appropriate technical specifications and details
- Track rail projects on an on-going basis throughout the design and early construction phases to ensure the company’s noise and vibration products are considered
- Become a trusted advisor and resource within the rail noise and vibration control industry by staying abreast of technology developments,
- industry trends and competitive landscape and positioning the company’s rail solutions
- Attend online and offline networking events and tradeshows, host online and offline presentations and education sessions with channel partners, design engineers, rail operators and other key stakeholders in the rail development industry
- Ensure that all business development and sales activities are tracked and reported in a timely manner in the company’s CRM system
- Develop and execute annual business development and sales plans, budgets and strategies consistent with the company’s overall goals and objectives.
- Contribute to new product development ideas from market feedback and technical discussions with key stakeholders.
- Provide thoughtful input and market intelligence to the senior leadership team on how to better position the company’s products and solutions in pursuit of overall corporate goals and strategies.
Key Performance Deliverables
The following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- A detailed GTM strategy for rail products in targeted regions;
- A detailed budget to achieve business objectives and sales target to be revised quarterly;
- Achievement of agreed upon monthly sales targets and overall profitability;
- Minimum number of global rail projects tracked at any point of time;
- Number of tailored technical proposals and bids submitted to customs;
- Number of specifications/bids generated.
The following competencies listed below define the role of the GBUM:
Adopts an energetic approach. Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks. Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Gathers and interprets all available sources of information. Willing to make solid and quick decisions when necessary. Can commit to a course of action without delay when faced with limited information.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about timescales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones, and controls to ensure that desired results are realized.
Preferred Experience and Education
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Structural, Chemical or Civil) combined with an MBA
- 5+ years of sales and business development experience in the global rail infrastructure business, with preferred experience being in noise and vibration control products.
- Strong technical experience ideally working closely with and selling to railroad design engineers, operators, and contractors
- A solution selling, trusted advisor approach to sales that engenders trust and focuses on long-term relationships.
- Experience selling highly complex, engineered solutions to the rail infrastructure and development industry.
- Excellent research, problem solving, and analytical skills are required
- Strong lateral thinking skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- A highly competitive individual that is always seeking to delight clients with creative, value add solutions.
- A team player with a burning desire to win and a proactive ‘own it, solve it’ mindset.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive compensation package tailored to the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact:
StoneWood Group, Toronto
StoneWood Group, Toronto
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 555