About the Company
Our client is a global leader in the financial services industry with a well-established Canadian footprint serving millions of customers with a myriad of best-of-class products and services.
A well-known employer of choice, our client’s continually evolving digital capabilities play an ever-more important role in providing the rich omnichannel experience expected by customers. Central to it’s on-going desire to be at the forefront of innovation and customer service, our client has invested heavily building cutting edge and applied AI/ML capabilities. With a cross-functional team of 80+ highly talented actuaries, data scientists, engineers and product managers, our client now seeks a VP, Data Science, to serve a critical role in its Canadian operations.
Scope of Position
Reporting to SVP Data Science, you will have an enterprise-wide directive to drive growth and profitability through the use of data and advance analytics, including the use of AI/ML. The data science team works cross-functionally with business units and technology teams to deliver solutions that impact millions of customers. Use cases span customer journey and acquisition optimization, building sophisticated pricing models and delivering automation and convenience in its claims journeys.
- Lead the charge in building best-in-class data science capabilities across all areas of the organization, using machine learning, software engineering and automation capabilities to drive positive business outcomes.
- Collaborate and take joint accountability across all business lines to build and execute a strategy to incorporate data-driven decision-making into day-to-day processes.
- Lead the product management team for building effective product-focused delivery squads that can rapidly go from conceptualization to iterative development of data science solutions.
- Be a customer champion, working diligently to understand the customer journey across all interactions with the company and incorporate ideas and solutions that will delight the customer throughout their lifecycle.
- Work in close collaboration with machine-learning engineering and R&D teams as well as IT and business teams to craft, and build solutions that give the company an edge over competitors.
- Identify, prioritize and build strategic use cases that will leverage internal and external data sources and accelerate the overall business strategy and opportunities.
- Establish how to maximize data science, machine learning, and other analytical techniques to offer technology solutions that deliver measurable insights across all lines of business.
- Build a data-driven culture across the organization.
- Be a leader with vision and an evangelist to drive adoption and knowledge at all levels of the organization.
- Drive the development and deployment of the enterprise’s data and analytics platforms with a solid base in engineering best practices, pipeline development and automation.
- Leverage global partnerships to accelerate growth and innovation in data globally.
Preferred Experience / Education
As VP, Data Science, you will possess the following industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications:
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Computer Science, Actuarial Science or related fields.
- 15+ years of strong, diverse experience in the product management and technical delivery space. Data and analytics experience when combined with strong technical leadership experience.
- Demonstrable experience in leading product management teams, including modern full-stack software product solutions with a heavy customer focus.
- Experience in a sophisticated, cross-functional organization where your teams need to collaborate and integrate with other teams across many subject areas.
- Demonstrated data and technology literacy – the ability to describe use cases and outcomes, data sources and management concepts across business and technology domains.
- Hardworking and innovative with an ability to encourage colleagues, achieve agreement from partners and delight the customer.
- Strategic business acumen, organizational change, and continuous improvement champion.
- Highly competitive base salary, variable compensation, along with other compensation.
If interested, please contact:
StoneWood Group, Toronto
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 233
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 221