THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client’s cloud based digital SaaS solutions enable enterprises to improve communication, knowledge sharing, collaboration, and culture by providing a mobile-enabled, centralized, messaging and single-source-of-truth capability. Seamlessly integrating with leading enterprise systems and cloud apps, our client’s industry leading solutions, drive greater productivity for their customers through a more engaged workforce.
Customers span the private and public sector and include some of the world’s most successful global companies. Our client boasts a rich tradition of innovation, quality, world class support and an impeccable track record of growth and profitability.
Private-equity backed, well-established and growing, the company continues to align its executive leadership capabilities with its successful strategy of aggressive growth and now seeks to hire a new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who will report to the CEO.
Scope of the Position
Working closely and partnering with all members of the executive leadership team (ELT) as well as the Board, the CFO will oversee all financial matters related to the company while providing an analytical focus to the assessment of new product, customer/partner and strategic value-creation initiatives.
Together with the ELT the CFO will leverage a strong reputation of entrepreneurialism, balanced with an eye for scalability, stability and sustainability in the journey to exceptional results and value creation.
- Create long-range plans, and assess and adjust the financial requirements in these plans over time;
- Maintain lines of communication with investment bankers, financial analysts and shareholders;
- Identify and address with the CEO and leadership team, value creation levers and risks;
- Effectively manage, deploy and conserve the company’s capital in accordance with the strategic plan;
- Manage investor relations, financial partners and strategic advisors; and,
- Work closely with all stakeholders on strategic opportunities, including M&A activity.
Planning & Operations
- Work with the CEO in formulating the company’s future direction, strategic plan and supporting tactical initiatives and operational plans, including the annual budget, the annual capital plan and the annual incentive plans for the leadership team;
- Monitor and direct the implementation of operational business plans from a financial and metrics perspective;
- Develop tax strategies and manage the overall tax planning activities of the company;
- Develop performance measures and metrics that support the company’s strategic direction;
- Partner with the sales team to ensure that customer contracts have business terms favourable to the company (both in terms of revenue and strategic value); and,
- Provide guidance to the leadership team in effective financial planning and monitoring of departmental spending and budgeting;
- Effectively manage the balance sheet including AR, AP, debt and cash flow;
- Effectively manage the company’s real estate;
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Oversee the development of financial models and scenario plans to support future business growth; and
- Report financial and operational results, including KPIs along with qualitative analysis to the CEO, Management Team and Board of Directors.
Preferred Experience and Education
- An accounting designation and/or Masters degree in Accounting or Business Administration/Commerce, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience;
- Experience at the CFO level or equivalent within a fast growth technology company;
- Prior experience in a SaaS/recurring revenue business;
- Proven ability to identify paths to increased shareholder value and assist in leading a company to that end;
- Track -record of scaling revenues from $10M/$20M to $50M/$100M;
- A problem solver with a strong background in financial planning and analysis with superior negotiating skills;
- Experience working with institutional investors, including demonstrated successful outcomes with such investors;
- Experience completing acquisitions, including due diligence, negotiation and integration is preferred;
- Strong legal and contractual competence and an instinct for when outside expertise will add value;
- A reputation for deeply understanding all areas of the business and a passion for making a positive impact across the board;
- A high level of written and oral communication skills;
- Experience at a private company, including working with strong external board members;
- Demonstrated leadership skills, as a player/coach who inspires confidence and trust and motivates teams to reach new heights; and
- Ability to pivot from hands-on finance to team leader and strategic counsel to CEO and the board.
If interested, please contact:
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 233