THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
A global leader in enterprise business solutions our client boasts an enviable list of clients, including many high-profile global leaders across multiple industries. The firm’s cloud-based, SaaS offering delivers innovative, forward-thinking human resource and financial management solutions that meet the needs of organizations with complex business challenges.
Scope of Position
Armed with differentiated market offerings, marquee accounts, and large addressable markets, the Vice President Sales will be responsible for developing, directing, and executing the company’s sales strategy for both current and future product offerings. Driving top line results, the Vice President, Sales will act as the key sales interface and will be responsible for revenue growth across all customers, geographic and product segments.
The successful candidate will be tasked with refining the sales process, recruiting and leading the sales team with a demonstrated, hands-on approach while rapidly scaling the company’s sales engine.
Poised for growth, this is a rare and exceptional opportunity to join a dynamic, innovative company at an inflection point in its growth trajectory and to make a meaningful contribution.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Lead the development/refinement of sales strategies and execute the tactical implementation of the plans across the company’s entire portfolio of products including specific regional strategies.
- Establish sales metrics and KPIs and develop and implement enhanced sales processes to monitor accurate sales funnels and forecasts. Establish a repeatable sales model incorporating a strong value proposition for the different client markets and geographies.
- Develop a structured cohesive sales organization that continuously attains and exceeds growth objectives.
- Build, mentor and lead a high performing sales culture and team that is passionate, collaborative, and accountable.
- Establish compensation, training, and sales incentive programs.
- Take a major role in major account relationships and closing complex deals – lead the firm in driving growth through net new customer acquisition.
- Refine pricing policies, terms, and conditions across all market segments for high-profile customers.
- Ensure that members of the sales team are properly trained, motivated, and mentored.
- Evaluate existing sales tools ensuring that such tools and processes are professionalized and optimized.
- Participate in the company’s strategy planning sessions bringing forward innovative ideas and plans to bring the company to the next level.
- Participate with corporate positioning and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans, and related product positioning.
- Identify new product opportunities and contribute to the overall development of product roadmaps for the organization as well as the pricing and positioning of new products in the marketplace.
- Collaborate with other members of the senior leadership team and all functional heads to foster a culture of collaboration and teamwork.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
Specific measures of performance will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Vice President, Sales:
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about timescales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances
personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Generates new ideas; Challenges existing assumptions; Goes beyond the status quo; Recognizes the need for new or modified approaches; brings various perspectives and approaches together, combining them in a creative fashion to implement effective improvements.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles; Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added value and return on investment; Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Recognizes when change is necessary; Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives; Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change; Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent, and concise manner; Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience; Comprehends communication from others and responds appropriately.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables:
- Track record of building and leading high-performing revenue organizations focused on driving consistent, aggressive revenue growth.
- A driving management style that leverages the strengths of the team while stretching and motivating them in attaining breakthrough results.
- Proven track record of success selling large SaaS enterprise solutions with long sales cycles.
- Demonstrable experience earning the trust, respect, and confidence of the appropriate customer community.
- A strategic thinker with an exceptional track record of success in fast-growing, founder-led entrepreneurial environments. A clear vision of what the customer experience should be with an ability to rally teams around it.
- A team player with a ‘bias for action’ and a proactive, ‘own it, solve it’ mindset who can navigate through complex global organizations to make the sale.
- Competitive by nature, a burning desire to win with an ability to lead from the front and by example.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package will be made available for the successful candidate.