About the Company
Our client is a highly successful provider of software and services that help clients address the need for increased productivity, efficiency and business agility. Their customers span the private and public sectors and include some of the world’s most successful global companies. The firm boasts a rich tradition of innovation, quality, world-class support and an impeccable track record of growth and profitability. A loyal, committed, skillful and entrepreneurial team makes it all possible. The firm is widely recognized as an employer of choice.
Our client is well established, stable, Canadian headquartered and growing rapidly. It was recently acquired by a large US firm with plans to keep it as a standalone entity. As the company continues to align its executive leadership capabilities with its successful strategy of aggressive organic growth, it is now seeking to hire to lead its marketing organization.
Scope of the Position
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Sr. Director, Product Marketing will be responsible for driving the firm’s product research and go-to-market success. Through a comprehensive understanding of how the firm competes and broader industry trends, the Director will discover data-driven customer insights to drive commercial growth. The Director, Product Marketing will be the expert in the firm’s customers, why they buy and will transfer that knowledge across their entire organization.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone who thrives on balancing creativity, strategy, tactics and analytics.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong industry and company growth
- Committed and well-funded organization
- Highly entrepreneurial culture
- An opportunity to make a real difference
- Succession opportunity
- Market Research: Work hand-in-hand with Sales, Support, and Customer Success team. Serve as the expert on the firm’s buyers and users and distill this research into data-driven insights and transfer this knowledge across the organization.
- Sales Enablement: Work with Marketing, Sales, Customer Success and Support teams to ensure that consistent and compelling product themes are delivered to the market through sales and marketing materials, messaging and materials.
- Product Launch: Drive the launch of new releases, defining product positioning, unique sales propositions, and metrics by which success is to be measured.
- Product Roadmap: Work closely with the Product Management team, build the processes and analysis to translate customer research insights into business cases for prioritizing product enhancement.
- Messaging: Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates the firm’s products in the market on buyer group customer personas.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Senior Director Product Marketing at our Client:
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Integrity & Sincerity
Inspires trust and supports others through own authenticity and following up on commitments. Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally. Shows consistency among principles.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Preferred Experience and Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of product marketing experience
- Experience working in a SaaS B2B software environment
- Experience in or with a highly driven sales and customer success organization that provides intimacy in the requirements to be successful in a sales role
- Exceptional research and analytical skills. As comfortable interviewing clients as working with a business intelligence database
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package for the successful candidate
If interested, please contact: