About the Company
Our client is a leading provider of innovative automation solutions for global manufacturers across a wide range of industries. With an acquisitive mindset, global operations and access to public markets our client’s future has never been brighter.
Our client now seeks to hire a Vice President, Finance, Corporate.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the CFO, the VP, Finance, Corporate will provide leadership to the Corporate Finance and Shared Services teams. Of primary importance is the creation, maintenance and continued evolution of the Company’s finance group as an internal customer service organization, with visible access points, frequent communications outside the group, and an “internal coverage” model so that all stakeholders experience first rate service when dealing with the finance group. In addition, the successful candidate will have responsibility for evaluating and impacting the effectiveness of all systems and controls on a wide range of processes supporting the company’s tactical and strategic initiatives and planning. This individual will be accustomed to dealing with complex reporting issues and be a strong resource for various internal and external stakeholders
The successful candidate will play a proactive role and have responsibility for analyzing and interpreting financial and accounting information for the purposes of appraising operating results, performance against budgets, and other matters bearing on the company’s fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness.
Finally, the individual will bring prior experience in a publicly traded company and extensive experience and knowledge in dealing with accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, business planning, and asset management.
- Responsible for external financial reporting and regulatory filings globally. Provide ongoing financial reporting to the executive leadership team, Board of Directors and other relevant parties.
- Provide strategic insight and analysis of business performance including financial results analysis, monitoring of key performance indicators and identifying and driving areas for improvement.
- Lead overall public market financial compliance, ensuring process and procedures are in place to deliver high quality, reliable, timely information in accordance with all relevant accounting and regulatory requirements. • Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively based on public company standards.
- Provide oversight of global consolidation software.
- Evaluate current business strategies and determine the viability of changing management initiatives.
- Provide leadership for strategic business development and corporate planning issues on major business decisions. Assist with presentations to the Board of Directors.
- Lead a high-performance team through coaching, developing and aligning talent to support the business and financial strategies of the organization.
- Lead Shared Services group with banking, transaction processing and accounting operations.
- Take a lead role in the integration of new acquisitions including finance operations, reporting, tax, treasury and internal controls. Identify, track and manage synergies. Assess risk, plan and manage divestitures.
- Provide guidance and consultation on global tax planning and compliance.
- Support the Corporate Development function including Mergers and Acquisitions activity, new business venture analysis, and strategic planning.
- Support the planning and analysis function in the preparation of budgets, forecasts, investment analysis, management reporting, strategic analysis, departmental financial support, key performance indicators, and other related analysis.
Preferred Experience / Education
- A post-secondary degree in business, finance, accounting or another relvant field. A professional accounting (CA and CPA) designation is required.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the finance department of a multi-entity, globally distributed corporation.
- Technically proficient finance leadership experience gained through working in a public company or similar environment.
- An ability to work effectively and lead through influence in globally distributed, highly matrixed organizations.
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS concepts and practices.
- Ability to use technical skills and sound judgment to make regular financial, personnel and policy judgments.
- An analytical, detail oriented, team player that adapts well to change, brings a proactive ‘own it, solve it’ mindset with an ability to navigate complex financial scenarios.
- An ability to look beyond the numbers and accurately assess how the numbers reflect the business, identify opportunities to fine-tune operations from a financial perspective, and provide recommendations to the operations people to help in their decision making.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; able to clearly identify and articulate issues to senior financial and operations leaders.
- Previous experience with acquisitions and post-acquisition financial integration is highly desirable.
If interested, please contact: