THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Client is a Privately owned company that provides monitoring solutions and equipment for studying manmade and natural seismicity. They are headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices in Calgary, Beijing and Houston and have representatives worldwide.
Their customers are what motivate and inspire them, and have always been, first and foremost, their partners in scientific discovery. Together, they have found solutions to the most difficult monitoring challenges, developing new products and services along the way. Working with the world’s leading scientific institutions, universities, and geological surveys, as well as some of the world’s largest energy producers, our Client has been changing the way the world does seismology for over 30 years.
Over the years the company has evolved into the full-service, integrated solutions provider we are today, offering turnkey seismic networks, industry-leading precision instrumentation, complete data processing and analysis services, and software applications. Their innovative technology is used in mission-critical seismic arrays and tsunami warning systems in over 90 countries across the globe.
Scope of Position
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior financial and operations executive to help lead growth in a truly international market.
In this role, you will provide strategic leadership, and also roll up your sleeves and get involved in the details where necessary.
You will provide financial leadership to the company, identifying and using operational levers to ensure financial plans and ROI metrics are realized throughout the company. In addition, you will ensure that cross functional processes and tools are optimized to ensure seamless operations from business development to cash.
As a member of the executive team, you will help develop the strategy and measure the execution of the operating plan. You will work in collaboration with the executive team to maintain and expand our global presence through the development of new products and new international markets. This includes areas such as international finance, taxation, trade compliance, and commercial contracts. This may require some travel to negotiate and facilitate financial operations in foreign countries.
In addition, you will also direct the Information Technology and Cloud Services team, who provide infrastructure and IT services to the company.
We are looking for someone with a curious mind, an entrepreneur with business acumen, strong people skills and proven international experience who will be effective within a collaborative, high functioning team.
Recognizes when change is necessary; Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives; Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change; Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision; Revise’s strategy in light of changing circumstances; Takes a long-term view of organizational success; Works to clarify long term organizational goals; Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far-reaching ideas.
Consults widely for business or technical advice, probes for facts and obtains information from a wide variety of sources; Differentiates the critical from the irrelevant or trivial.
Quickly adapts to new situations and approaches; Open to change and readily adopts new methods in the face of shifting priorities and ambiguity; Can alter own perspective & behaviour in order to adjust to changing demands.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
- Provide financial leadership including processes and control over the assets of the company.
- Develop financial plans, ensure progress is measured and highlight course corrections where required to ensure a success-oriented, accountable environment.
- Facilitate international growth by ensuring the company can operate effectively in foreign countries and markets.
- Build and maintain our global infrastructure to ensure compliance with foreign market regulations and laws.
- Ensure that the company has the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, policies and personnel to accommodate its business objectives.
- Responsible for establishing and measuring internal and external processes using effective key performance indicators.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline, CPA or MBA preferred.
- Experience in international business finance is required.
- Minimum 5 years in a senior leadership position demonstrating the ability to negotiate contracts, influence internally and build strong collaborative relationships.
- Ability to develop and follow through on detailed business plans and programs.
- Strong business, entrepreneurial and financial acumen.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to learn, mentor and build on feedback.
Remuneration and Benefits
Comprehensive salary and benefits package.
Contact Person – Catherine Pan ([email protected])