About the Company
Our client is an award-winning Canadian, employee-owned multidisciplinary firm that delivers a comprehensive range of technical and strategic services, including consulting, information technology, engineering, process development, project, and construction management to large industrial sectors. The company has served clients for over 80 years and has project experience in more than 150 countries worldwide.
The client’s ability to bridge the gaps between research and innovative technologies and between engineering and reliable operations is widely renowned. The company is particularly known for working with clients to develop business strategies and technologies; managing and optimizing production; executing projects that involve the scale-up of process technologies; and managing start-ups, commissioning, and ramp-ups.
It delivers unprecedented business results for our clients through a commitment to quality, lower operating costs, more efficient utilization of capital assets, higher standards for safety and risk management, faster start-ups and continuous performance improvements in all projects and programs.
Scope of the Position
The company develops Digital Products and Solutions for the Metals, Energy, and Infrastructure Sectors in Integrated Operations, Asset Intelligence, Digital Product Delivery, Industrial Automation, IT/OT Integration and Operational Decision Systems. Our client is increasingly investing in technologies to remove people from remote locations, dangerous work fronts and to achieve real time understanding of complex supply chains to allow better decision-making. They are looking for a leader to direct their Integrated Operations Practice in Australia to support clients in this area of investment.
They seek a highly accomplished individual to drive the expansion of their Integrated Operations Practice in Australia. They will assume ownership for the regional Integrated Operations practice growth, while leading go-to-market and execution activities across marketing, client pursuit, contract negotiations, partnerships, and customer success.
The Integrated Operations Practice Leader will be responsible for overall practice growth including identifying and closing new opportunities in cooperation with vertical business units and other practices. This will involve input on the most effective market strategy, positioning, messaging by vertical market, content creation/marketing, lead generation, tradeshows/conference strategies as well as proactive market pursuit. The position will also cultivate and manage relationships with ISVs as well as key internal business units and related stakeholders,
The successful individual will be an entrepreneurial businessperson with previous successes in growing a related IT services practice. The individual will also boast a track record of working effectively within a large matrixed global organization where both collaboration and a determined results orientation define success.
This role will form part of the Regional Digital leadership team and report to the Regional Director, Digital. It will work to support the overall Australia Asia and global digital strategy. The specific functional tasks will include:
- Refine, communicate, and execute the practice market strategy, value proposition, positioning, messaging and execute.
- Develop market capture plans to achieve the practice’s revenue and profit objectives.
- Assume responsibility for business development and partnerships, driving growth for both new and current customers.
- Monitor business opportunities and oversee proposal submissions.
- Institute processes that will enable predictable, repeatable, and scalable market expansion.
- Engage with clients at the right level
- Work collaboratively with the broader digital business unit both locally and globally to expand capability and revenue
- Collaborate with technical and delivery teams to ensure consistency of approach
- Be a thought leader in Integrated operations and represent the practice at industry forums
- Remain abreast of the industry, competitors and technology trends and align our services to market needs. Consider alliances, investment opportunities and acquisitions to improve market position and grow revenue.
- Work closely with other business units’ and its clients to identify and support the development of opportunities.
- Pursue, nurture and leverage key internal relationships critical for the practice’s success. Evangelize relentlessly.
- Represent the voice of the markets the business serves-from customers, prospects, analysts, and internal business units.
- Collaboratively engage with clients through the business requirements definition process identifying high-value digitalization use cases.
- Outline the capability requirement and work with global and regional team to build an internal team to support the work.
- Promote a performance-driven, disciplined revenue culture focused on clients, success, quality partnerships and growth.
- Develop clear insights and quickly learn what is working and not working on all business development/capture and marketing fronts-continuously use analytics to adapt, learn and grow faster.
- Take on applicable project leadership roles – being responsible for the on time, on budget and on specification delivery of services and solutions. Manage direct reports, along with their goal setting, performance measurement and development feedback. Provide for similar initiatives across entire engineering organization
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the key performance indicators for the role will include:
- Digital revenue and sales growth for Integrated Operations in AUA.
- Clearly articulated solution offering that resonates with clients.
- Key Account Wins.
- Successful project Delivery.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Practice Leader Integrated Operations Australia
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long-term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems to focus on more far-reaching ideas.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed-upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor’s products, services, and position.
Incorporates information about the organization’s structure and protocol into decisions. Attentive to the internal politics and alert to shifting interpersonal dynamics. Establishes the necessary support networks and cross-functional relationships through rapport building. Recognizes, maintains, and effectively balances one’s own group’s interests and needs with those of the broader organization.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services, and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up to date in own area of expertise.
Preferred Experience and Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in senior consulting/leadership capacity with experience in IT Services.
- Engineering degree and/or business degree.
- Relevant experience in digital enablement.
- A highly intelligent, strategically minded executive with superb communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to roll-up his/her sleeves.
- Business Development experience/Practice building experience.
- Experience in at least one of Metals, Utilities, Transit/Rail, or related infrastructure markets.
- A collaborative yet highly driven results-oriented style.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive, unique compensation package to the successful candidate.
Our client is committed to fostering a workforce in each of its locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which they operate. The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
If interested, please contact:
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 777