As firms around the world wrestle with new realities on how to attract, organize, manage and retain staff, go-forward strategies and programs are being announced daily, each specific to the business and industry in question. Here is one from a few days ago from Airbnb, a firm that sees itself as being in the business of ‘flexible work’. Not unexpectedly perhaps, they are all in on flexibility.
This is what they announced to their global staff:
- You can work from home or the office
- You can move anywhere in the country you work in and your compensation won’t change
- You have the flexibility to travel and work around the world
- We’ll meet up regularly for gatherings
- We’ll continue to work in a highly coordinated way
You can read the entire announcement here.