THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is an innovative telecommunications company with a burgeoning portfolio of successful products and service offerings. Their newest company is an exciting, uniquely positioned new MVNO targeting niche demographic markets across North America. Other companies include a supplier of prepaid PINS through over 800 retail locations in North America and long distance services/travel cards to cellular and landline customers across North America.
The company boasts a highly successful and seasoned management team, a proven business model, as well as an exciting, burgeoning portfolio of innovative offerings in the telecom marketplace.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice-President Sales and Marketing will assume overall responsibility for the overall marketing function of the organization while concurrently driving channel development and sales into the consumer and small business markets. Working closely with the overall executive team, this will involve focusing the overall strategy related pricing, positioning, and product while driving top line sales growth to the company’s target markets.
• Together with the CEO, continually refine the strategic direction, including assessment of the company’s existing market opportunities and competitive positioning and solutions to streamline and determine the appropriate strategic roadmap.
• Work with the CEO to clarify and refine the overall sales plan and strategy consistent with the company’s overall objectives. Develop and implement low-cost, innovative customer acquisition/adoption strategies to meet those objectives.
• Prioritize and rank market and cross selling opportunities by market sector and recommend appropriate strategies to CEO.
• Provide direction to, lead and monitor sales staff to ensure that activities align with business plan and results align with targets.
• Provide constant feedback VP Network Operations and Engineering on market requirements and trends to ensure that technology roadmap aligns with market requirements.
• Spearhead and nurture existing and new senior level relationships with channel partners. Of particular importance will be identifying and securing new channel relationships which will significantly expand the company’s coverage into its specialized, highly targeted markets.
• Participate as an active member of the management team, fostering an environment of high performance and co-operation.
• Identify and secure niche market opportunities which will leverage the company’s capabilities into value-added, high potential markets.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
• Financial metrics: attainment of revenue and profitability targets to be agreed upon prior to commencement of employment.
• Number, quality and performance of new channel partners
• Innovation in new marketing, positioning vehicles as well as vertical markets which will significantly accelerate revenue growth
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
• The ideal candidate is highly intelligent, strategically minded executive with superb communication and interpersonal skills, a willingness to roll-up his/her sleeves and work at a pace commensurate with the growth expected at the company. The individual will have a track record of success and a solid reputation for significantly scaling and managing a profitable business. He/she will bring a strategic sales orientation to the Company, having ideally spent a significant portion of his/her career within the marketing and sales functions.
• Experience working within the telecom services sector.
• Track record defined in part by the ability to consistently execute on commitments. • Strong sales and marketing orientation, with channel experience, marked by a sense of urgency and a demonstrable track record of accelerating growth.
• Strong sales and marketing orientation, with channel experience, marked by a sense of urgency and a demonstrable track record of accelerating growth.
• Experience in cross-selling in multiple product/services environments
• Experience in marketing to specialized niche markets
• Experience with founder-led businesses