THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
Client operates as a not-for-profit corporation and has been working with the public and private sector including industry, academia, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), the financial community and all levels of government to achieve this mandate.
Client operates funds aimed at the development and demonstration of innovative technological solutions such as address climate change, air quality, clean water, and clean soil, and also supports the establishment of first-of-kind large demonstration-scale facilities for the production of next-generation renewable fuels.
The overall responsibility of this position is to lead Client’s results reporting and analysis initiatives and to provide support to stakeholder and government relations activities and the business planning and continuous improvement of the organization. Of particular importance will be to ensure Client results are transparent, auditable, and marketable. The responsibilities of the role include identifying new ways to use Client’s extensive data sets to further drive the foundations results, performance and sustainability.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Oversee Client’s results data gathering and reporting activities and be accountable for data quality and integrity
- Contributes to corporate strategy by identifying data that can be used to support, influence and leverage results.
- Develop methods and analyses to analyze performance of Client, both form a corporate perspective and from a portfolio perspective, and apply results to improve future performance.
- Identify opportunities to enhance data collection and analysis: define and implement new methods, tools and metrics to support adjustments to data as circumstances change, optimizing automation opportunities and improving reporting efficiency and flexibility.
- Monitoring and reporting of the key performance indicators within Client’s portfolio performance reporting framework. Key performance indicators include: environmental benefits, economic benefits, revenues, cost savings, jobs etc., as well as special analysis as required.
- Develop communication strategies that leverage the results of analyses: Provide context to mined data to establish compelling arguments that will raise awareness and understanding, and ultimately engage key stakeholders. Work with CEO to build stories that create interest in and support the future vision of Client.
- Responsible for the data related aspects of the Annual Report and Corporate Plan, applying critical thinking to establish realistic forecasts.
- Develop sectoral level data and story boards based on Client’s increasingly extensive portfolio data sets
- Identify future results data needs for the foundation and implement strategies to build these data sets.
- Collect, analyze and synthesize data and prepare and present management and other reports and summaries in response to various stakeholders
- Maintain a current knowledge of the government policies, laws, regulations, and guidelines governing clean technology research and assess and respond to related impacts and opportunities
- Respond to specific data-related inquiries and action plans as required.
The Manager, Corporate Performance will report to the Director, Projects, and will work closely with the Senior Management Team to support key performance measures and would directly manage a team of three data and results specialists The financial authority will be based on an approved budget.
Very little travel is expected in the position.
Skills and Knowledge Required
Engineering or Sciences degree (MBA an asset)
5-10 years in business or scientific analysis (technical and market), program evaluation and audit conformance, environmental/economic impact quantification, financial analysis, staff management.
- Advanced analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to understand a broad range of technologies and business metrics
- Ability to draw connections and communicate relevance between data/statistics and business performance
- An entrepreneurial, forward-thinking approach
- Achievement focused
- Strong planning, organizing, and implementation skills
- Ability to communicate complex information both orally and in writing
- Management and leadership skills