THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Client is an innovative Canadian corporation with proven expertise in complex Communications, Navigation, Surveillance (CNS), Air Traffic Management (ATM) systems and airport infrastructure projects.
As a major player in airport infrastructure projects, Client designs and constructs intricate projects from air traffic control towers to complete airport construction.
Client’s comprehensive customer support programs ensure that our mission critical systems that are installed around the world are fully operational, providing a high level of safety and performance that the aviation industry can rely on.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Vice President – Engineering and Field Operations will oversee all engineering and operations activities related to the integration, delivery and support of Client products and solutions. Working in a multi-disciplinary environment, the Vice President – Engineering and Field Operations will lead the engineering and operations teams by demonstrating cross-functional expertise and a breadth of functional and leadership skills within the operations domain. The broad objective of the role is to build a world-class operations organization through effectively integrating, deploying and supporting the products that will provide value to the company’s customers, and meet the business strategy and goals for profitable growth. A critical success factor of this key position is the executive’s ability to build a culture and approach that supports aggressive growth and a can do it attitude necessary to take the company to a higher level.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a strategy that drives excellence across the Engineering Operations organizations, leveraging best-of-class processes, technology and team members to meet and exceed customer expectations as measured by output, efficiency and profit.
- Development of a strategic dashboard to define performance metrics and criteria to monitor the quality and the performance in support of knowledgeable business decision to increase profit.
- Provide strategic leadership of product and customer development for all programs; translate overall strategic direction into a mission, strategy and plan for Engineering and Operations teams
- In partnership with the SR Director of R&D, define and execute against operating plans with a 3 year technology strategy.
- Interface with the development process and ensure product is ready to go to market with a focus on meeting customer demands.
- Project manage the development and delivery phases of the overall product and release process (following approval of business case)
- Ensure operations milestones are met on time, with high quality and that they meet or exceed the cost objectives that are established
- Ensure effective management of Customer Support technical escalations to resolve customer issues
- Build and manage high performing teams to deliver fixed price complex solution profitably to customers all over the world.
- Create and sustain a viable organizational structure to make optimum use of world-class talent, technology and systems.
- Build and facilitate the development of strong relationships and synergies with all other areas of the company and with the company’s technical partners and customers in order to achieve the corporate goals, objectives and revenue targets.
- Foster a culture of team spirit and innovation into the longer and short-term operations of the organizations.
- Participate as an open, engaged and committed member of the Executive Team in the formulation and execution of the corporate vision, strategy and business objectives.
Preferred Experience / Education
The ideal candidate will possess a breadth of varied and progressive experience in product and system development spanning over a decade and leading to the following characteristics:
- A degree in or the equivalent to: B.SC Systems Design Engineering, B.SC Electrical Engineering. Masters in Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 15+ years experience in a similar Industry; minimum 5 year experience in a senior management role.
- Strong System Engineering Background (RF, radio communication and ATM System) is desirable.
- Entrepreneurial experience in scaling a company from $25M to $100M and understanding the issues around delivering standard products and customized fixed price integrated solutions to large enterprise customers and service providers.
- Managed multifunctional groups of 30+ people along with in country partners and service providers.
- Project Management skills and experience, PMP Certification is desirable.
- Understanding operational issues associated with product development and system integration where teams are geographically dispersed.
- Ability to travel frequently to International customer sites.
- A track record in successfully delivering solutions, products and services in third world and underdeveloped markets.
- Experience in implementing best practices in operations, quality systems, integration and services.
- Significant change management, business transformation experience within mid-sized companies.
- A track record of success distinguished by having cultivated positive working relationships with staff, peers and superiors.
- Experience with managing several complex international multi-component projects concurrently.
- Performed Program management functions (cost, time, customer relationship)
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view.