THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client helps the world’s largest ISP, Retail, OEM and other Consumer Technology Providers (CTPs) meet and monetize the growing consumer need for technology advice and assistance. Consumers have a broad array of technology needs that can only be met by a complex combination of technologies, services and vendors. The client’s Platform combines proprietary and third party technologies and services to provide simple and effective solutions that manage, protect, and support consumers’ connected homes and digital lives. The SaaS-based DHS Platform, coupled with its Advisory Services, enables providers to quickly deliver a full suite of revenue-generating Digital Home Services that are easy for the consumer to buy and use, and manageable for the provider.
The client is a global company and manages some of the largest and most successful Digital Home Services programs for companies such as Virgin Media, Verizon, and Bell Canada. It is one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, one of Montreal’s Top 15 Employers, and a three-time recipient of the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 award for the fastest growing technology companies in Canada. The firm is headquartered in Montreal, Canada with offices in the United States and Europe.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the Director of Global Sales, the Strategy and Business Development Executive will be responsible for identifying and developing market opportunities for our client’s new DHS Platform Solution. The role will focus on developing highly productive partnerships with clients to help grow and fully exploit their own service offerings through the DHS platform.
This role is critical to the client’s continued growth and success. It requires the ability to identify, engage, influence, motivate and influence client organizations across all levels of management in order to build a broad range of committed, strategic relationships.
• Develop a deep understanding of the digital home sector including current practices, trends, emerging market opportunities, best practices etc…
• Identify and initiate contact with a wide variety of strategic potential customers.
• Develop a deep knowledge of said prospects and customers, including market developments, threats and opportunities.
• Become and maintain a “trusted advisor” role with potential and existing clients.
• Follow and progress prospects through a structured sales process, from initial engagement through to contract signing.
• Negotiate and execute partnership and service agreements.
• Developing and implement joint go-to-market strategies with existing and new clients.
• Represent the company in the field as an information source to partners and potential partners in areas of solution capabilities.
• Work closely with other functions within the firm, including professional services and engineering, keeping abreast of developments within these areas.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
• Specific performance measures will be agreed upon with the successful candidate prior to joining the organization.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Strategy and Business Development Executive for the client –
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Draws parallels across situations and contexts. Divides problems into their individual elements. Develops several explanations or alternatives. Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Imagines future possibilities. Thinks broadly and investigates a wide-range of alternatives in developing a vision for the future. Selects the most promising vision from a range of alternatives and communicates this vision to others.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively. Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view. Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others. Mobilizes people into action.
Makes an immediate positive impression upon others. Has presence and commands respect. Comes across with force and quickly establishes credibility. Accurately predicts the effects of own words and actions. Makes an immediate positive impression upon others.
Quickly adapts to new situations and approaches. Open to change and readily adopts new methods in the face of shifting priorities and ambiguity. Can alter own perspective and behaviour in order to adjust to changing demands and plans.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor’s products, services and position.
Integrity & Sincerity
Inspires trust and supports others through own authenticity and following up on commitments. Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally. Shows consistency among principles.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
• Management consulting experience within relevant practice areas (CRM, Consumer Technology, etc…)
• Must have a background in translating client needs into actionable partnership engagements.
• Have the ability to drive business development pipelines from identification, initial engagement, solution design, negotiation and execution.
• Technology and process-bias essential in order to understand the technology, solution capabilities so that solutions can be instantly conceived and created.
• Undergraduate degree is required, MBA or similar designation ideal.
• Must have thorough experience in dealing with C-suite executives.
• Must have demonstrated ability to structure and design complex partnership agreements.
• 5-8 years of highly successful business development experience with a background in developing strong business partnerships.
Remuneration & Benefits
• The client offers a competitive package including base salary, performance-based variable package, and comprehensive benefits.