About the Company
Supply chains power the world, a fact that has been underscored by the challenges of the pandemic and the changes it has brought. Virtually every supply chain around the globe is changing, driven by ecommerce, geopolitical forces, rising labour costs, and shifting consumer demands. Many existing supply chain platforms are old and were put in place for Y2K.
Our client is a global provider of SaaS supply chain solutions that equip the borderless enterprise for growth. Spanning multiple complex, regulated and high-volume distribution industries, the company delivers dynamic and powerful solutions for warehouse management, distribution and transportation management, supply management at point of use, retail order management, as well as financial management and analytics solutions. From demand planning to demand fulfillment, the company puts power into the hands of both front-line workers and back-office planners, helping business leaders operate sustainable and scalable logistics so they may focus on the future of their products, services and people, not on their operational challenges. Customers around the world trust their supply chains to the company in the healthcare, service parts, third-party logistics, retail and general wholesale high- volume distribution industries. The company is the market leader in North America for supply chain solutions for health systems and hospitals.
With attractive industry tailwinds, our client’s organic growth is accelerating and may be augmented by some M&A. It is expected that staff will double in the next three to five years necessitating the firm to be agile and effective in areas such as organizational design, corporate culture, employee experience, talent acquisition, training and development, post M&A integration etc. These will be among the primary responsibilities of the new CHRO.
The company currently employs approximately 700 people and enjoys and promotes an environment of respect and work life balance that results in above average loyalty and lower turnover. It also seems to be more fun to work there!
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong industry and company growth;
- History of stability;
- Superb team and culture;
- Committed investors;
- An opportunity to make a real difference.
Our client is headquartered in Montreal with offices, staff and customers in the Americas and EMEA. The company is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX)
Scope of the Position
Reporting to the CEO, the CHRO will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining an agile, scalable work environment that attracts, organizes, motivates and retains the Company’s human capital. This will include guiding and supporting the business on all HR matters to meet its strategic goals for profitability and growth.
The CHRO will act as an organizational architect and business partner to the Company’s senior leadership team. The CHRO will lead the development and implementation of best-in-class HR policies, programs and procedures to serve the business in becoming a “Best in Class” employer of choice.
- Drive a Best in Class HR Organization
- Establish benchmarks for organizational effectiveness, employee performance, training and career development, health and benefits, employee relations
- Lead the development of, effectively manage and integrate HR policies and programs including performance reviews, succession planning, career development, performance management, goal setting and reviews, training and mentoring, employee benefits, employee handbook etc.
- Work with the Compensation Committee on executive compensation and employment agreements, employee incentive programs, succession planning and related projects
- Lead and inspire best-in-class HR team to support the successful delivery of the Company’s strategic growth plans, vision and mission
- Manage compensation and other HR Programs, processes and initiatives covering all geographical regions in which the firm has staff
- Drive initiatives to accelerate integration of new employees, align workforce around goals and priorities, and instil a “one company” culture; monitor and measure compliance and engagement
- Establish an HR culture of continuous improvement
- Work with the CEO to define and effectively communicate Company values to drive culture of respect, service and professionalism
- Manage Talent and Performance Management
- Develop HR strategies to identify and address competency, knowledge, talent and performance gaps. Drive effective strategy to re-skill staff where market changes demand new skill sets
- Develop recruitment and retention strategies to attract and retain top talent globally
- Establish employee performance metrics, career development and succession plans
- Identify and stretch high potential talent working with management teams
- Report periodically to the CEO on high potentials, key talent management metrics and deliverables
- Develop and manage a broadly-based talent management and development program, focusing on career development and succession planning; benchmark talent against external competition
- Create performance evaluation standards; establish and drive compliance for timely annualized performance reviews
- Assist with due diligence on acquisitions and advise on ensuing integration strategies
- Create and manage employee recognition and awards programs
- Manage employee relations from onboarding, disputes, terminations, health and safety, employee training, and employee related legal compliance.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific measures of performance will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of CHRO at our client:
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far-reaching ideas.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined, and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down a large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Coaching and Developing Others
Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees; Challenges others to improve their abilities and actively supports their development; Continually provides timely and constructive feedback, coaching and challenging learning opportunities; Adjusts coaching style based on each employee’s ability and motivation level.
Recognizes when change is necessary; Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives; Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change; Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role; Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods; Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Incorporates information about the organization’s structure and protocol into decisions; Attentive to the internal politics and alert to shifting interpersonal dynamics; Establishes the necessary support networks and cross-functional relationships through rapport building; Recognizes, maintains and effectively balances the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the broader organization.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Preferred Experience and Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables:
- 10 years + of strategic progressive HR and functional leadership experience
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree with a focus on business, OD or HR
- Proven track-record and experience partnering with the business and senior leadership team to influence and effect change
- Experience working in fast-paced, entrepreneurial and growth oriented environments; Tech sector experience a strong preference
- Experience with the judicious introduction of talent management and HR processes to help businesses scale and mature
- Experience planning and leading integration efforts pre and post M&A transactions
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and a bias for action contributing both as a strategic and operational partner
- Experience working for organizations with operations and staff in multiple countries
- Experience managing both Canadian and U.S. benefit plans
- A strong business orientation and business enabler with record of building and nurturing strong cross-functional working relationships
- Skilled in organization design and demonstrated experience leading culture and organizational change initiatives.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package (Base, variable, LTIP) structured to the needs of the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact:
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 777