About the Company
Our Purpose is Improving lives. Improving business. By helping our clients improve the wellbeing of their people, we help them improve workforce engagement and productivity, thereby improving the performance of our clients’ organizations. Traded on the TSX, LifeWorks vision is to optimize the health and productivity of people – the heart of every successful organization.
Scope of the Position
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President, Investor Relations will proactively plan and develop a strategy for developing investor confidence and belief in the company’s new strategic direction for delivering shareholder value. The position requires superior communication skills, and an adept ability to partner with executives, and key internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop, implement and direct a comprehensive investor relations strategy that is aligned with the Company’s strategic plan
- Act as an expert on LifeWorks financial performance and track the performance of its competitors
- Produce and execute a targeted communications plan to broaden the current shareholder base and educate stakeholders on the company’s progress
- Develop multi-year plan to reach target investors with supporting communication plans.
- Act as the primary shareholder contact, building relationships with members of the investment community including analysts, bankers, institutional sales desks, retail investors and proxy firms
- Proactively convey LifeWorks updates using a variety of communication mediums that adhere to current disclosure requirements and regulatory filings and answer inquiries in a responsive, professional and timely manner.
- Provide channels to facilitate a transparent, two-way exchange of views and information between LifeWorks investors and analysts.
- Identify and arrange regular meetings with appropriate sell-side analysts and institutional investors.
- Partner with Communications to deliver press releases on Company developments and produce a variety of communications collateral including up-to-date investor packages, fact sheets, industry backgrounders, and corporate presentation.
- Prepare CEO and CFO for quarterly conference call to discuss the financial results of the Company.
- Monitor developments of comparable public companies and track and benchmark competitors’ performance on key financial and operational metrics.
- Provide message development and editorial counsel in connection with the writing of the Company’s annual and quarterly financial reports.
- Provide support for all investor meetings including pre-briefings, presentation preparation, materials production, and post-meeting follow up.
Oversee support provided to Board of Directors at regular and special meetings Dissemination of board materials, board calendar.
Preferred Experience and Education
The following indicates specific academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Previous experience, either as a leader or member of an investor relations department in a public company traded on the TSX.
- Proven track record of building positive long-term relations with the investor and analyst community.
- 10+ years of experience in investor relations and/or across the broader Finance function
- MBA, CFA and/or CPA designation
- The role requires a data-driven, solutions-oriented, decision-maker with an ability to understand broader industry dynamics and synthesize information from multiple sources, in order to build compelling narratives
- Numerically acute with strong financial acumen and an ability to understand operational and balance sheet strategies. An ability to hold one’s own with financial professionals.
- A persuasive communicator with superior written and oral communication skills coupled with a client-centric, responsive orientation.
- Thorough knowledge and expertise in capital markets and performance metrics for public companies. Deep understanding of valuation and financial modeling techniques used by investors and analysts.
- Strong understanding of securities disclosure requirements and filing requirements.
- Ability to deliver under pressure and cope with a heavy and dynamic workload.
- Creates an inclusive and respectful culture
- Results and accountability oriented
If interested, please contact: