THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
Scope of the Position
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Director Human Resources is responsible for global people and human resources programs while providing business partner expertise at a consultative level on core operational programs and services. The Director Human Resources will plan, direct, develop and coordinate the policies and activities of the Human Resources department, ensuring legal compliance.
- Collaborate with leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting and retention.
- Administers or oversees all aspects of the global administration of human resources programs including, but not limited to, employment agreements; compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; training and development; and employment visas.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management. Drafts employment agreements in compliance with local country/provincial/state employment laws.
- Lead the evaluation and maintenance of HR systems related to but not limited to performance management, employee engagement, onboarding and offboarding, compensation and benefits.
- Partner closely with the company Management Team to resolve employee relations issues; provide coaching and counselling to management and staff; collaborate with legal counsel on issues as appropriate.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resources information system (HRIS).
- Monitors and ensures organizational compliance with country, province/state employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practices, and resources to upper management.
- Develops and implements department budget.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives and surveys to support the organization human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Coach and mentor HR staff, facilitates professional development and training.
Scope of Responsibilities for Global Employees
150 – 200 employees Worldwide: North America, EMEA and APAC.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role; Has thorough knowledge of role and responsibilities, relevant products, services and methods; Expands technical knowledge/role proficiency and keeps up to date in own area of expertise.
Adopts an energetic approach; Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks; Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service; Listen and understands customer/client needs and conveys then back to the organization to take appropriate action; Quickly follows up on customer/client concerns and deals with them in a professional and efficient manner; Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively; Negotiates skilfully and convinces others to own point of view; Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others; Mobilizes people into action.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- At least five years of human resources management experience.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- CHRP designation highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment related laws and regulations in Canada and US, understanding of employment laws in EMEA and APAC.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn BambooHR (HRIS).
- Must be able to qualify for and maintain Secret Level II security clearance.
Remuneration and Benefits
Comprehensive salary and benefits package.
Contact Person: Catherine Pan ([email protected])