About the Company
GFL Environmental is the only major diversified environmental services company in North America offering services in solid waste management, liquid waste management, and infrastructure development. With strategically located operations across Canada and the United States, GFL is uniquely equipped to undertake practically any environmental challenge, with unparalleled commitment to safety and customer service.
Recognized by its signature fleet of bright green trucks and equipment, GFL offers a wide range of environmental and industrial services to businesses, communities and households, providing a consolidated and sophisticated approach to meeting customer needs.
GFL’s success lies in the diversity of its services and its ability to deliver robust integrated solutions – traditionally provided by multiple third parties – all from a single efficient company.
By providing safe, accessible and cost-effective solutions, GFL encourages greater environmental responsibility and allows its customers and the communities it serves to be Green For Life.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President, Investor Relations will proactively plan and execute a comprehensive external communications program to ensure the company is strategically positioned within the investor and analyst community.
This will include the preparation of all communications with existing and potential retail shareholders, institutions, analysts, brokers and media to maximize awareness and interest in the company as an investment.
- Produce and execute a targeted communications plan to broaden the current shareholder base and educate stakeholders on the company’s progress
- Develop, implement and direct a comprehensive investor relations strategy and plan that is aligned with the Company’s current business plan.
- Develop multi-year investor targeting and communication plans.
- Act as the primary shareholder contact, building relationships with members of the investment community including analysts, bankers, institutional sales desks, retail investors and proxy firms
- Proactively convey GFL’s updates using a variety of communication mediums that adhere to current disclosure requirements and regulatory filings and answer inquiries in a responsive, professional and timely manner.
- Provide channels to facilitate a transparent, two-way exchange of views and information between GFL, investors and analysts.
- Upon request, review sell-side analysts’ draft research reports or financial models for factual accuracy based on publicly disclosed information. Work with portfolio managers and other market analysts in support of their financial analysis of the Company.
- Identify and arrange regular meetings with appropriate sell-side analysts and institutional investors.
- Plan and organize roadshows and participate in appropriate industry and financial conferences for the CEO, CFO and other members of the senior management team to attend as appropriate.
- Write press releases on Company developments and produce a variety of communications collateral including up-to-date investor packages, fact sheets, industry backgrounders, and corporate presentation.
- Prepare speeches for quarterly conference call to discuss the financial results of the Company.
- Monitor developments of comparable public companies and track and benchmark competitors’ performance on key financial and operational metrics.
- Provide message development and editorial counsel in connection with the writing of the Company’s annual and quarterly financial reports.
- Provide planning and direction for the Company’s Annual Meeting, quarterly conference calls, investor conferences, and presentations
- Lead the development, execution, and legal disseminations of the Company’s annual and interim financial reporting requirements, annual meeting materials, and all publicly disclosed regulatory information on the Company, ensuring all filing documents are filed in a timely manner on SEDAR/EDGAR
- Provide support for all investor meetings including pre-briefings, presentation preparation, materials production, and post-meeting follow up.
- Oversee the drafting and dissemination of all information releases to newswire services. Produce and update all news releases, presentations, corporate materials, and collateral.
- Oversee support provided to Board of Directors at regular and special meetings Dissemination of board materials, management of board portal, board calendar.
- Interface with, monitor and address concerns of proxy firms and activist representatives.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Previous experience, either as a leader or member of an investor relations department in a public company traded on the TSX and ideally dually listed TSX and NYSE.
- Proven track record of building positive long-term relations with the investor and analyst community.
- Numerically acute with strong financial acumen and an ability to understand operational and balance sheet strategies. An ability to hold one’s own with financial professionals.
- A persuasive communicator with superior written and oral communication skills coupled with a client-centric, responsive orientation.
- An ability to translate and articulate company and industry information in laymen’s terms will be more important.
- Experience working as a sell-side analyst with coverage of the industrials space.
- Thorough knowledge and expertise in capital markets and performance metrics for public companies. Deep understanding of valuation and financial modeling techniques used by investors and analysts.
- Ability to travel for road shows and investor meetings.
- Ability to deliver under pressure and cope with a heavy and dynamic workload.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience will be offered.
For more information, please contact:
StoneWood Group, Toronto