THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is focused on the disciplined acquisition, management and growth of companies in dedicated technology areas including software and solutions, intelligent industrial systems, and innovation and licensing. The firm’s emphasis is on seeking out acquisition opportunities at reasonable valuations that provide a foundation for recurring revenues, predictable cash flows and margins, profitable growth, intimate customer relationships and dedicated management teams.
Our client is well established, stable, publicly traded, Canadian headquartered and growing rapidly. As the company continues to align its executive leadership capabilities with its successful strategy of aggressive long term growth, it is now seeking to hire a new Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Scope of Position
Reporting to the CEO, and based in the firm’s Toronto offices, the CFO will be responsible for overseeing all financial reporting and results for the company.
More specifically, the CFO will be accountable for the administrative, financial, M&A and risk management operations of the company, including the continuing refinement of its financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
The CFO will also serve as the chief financial spokesperson for the organization to shareholders, the board and the investment community as whole..
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong prospects for company growth
- A healthy well-funded financial position
- New CEO with a strong track record of success
- An opportunity to make a real difference
- Act as a key business partner to the CEO and the operating teams providing financial guidance and counsel on all matters relating to the finance function including strategic business planning, budgeting and forecasting, business analysis, and corporate growth strategies. Take ownership for results along with the management team.
- Provide hands-on leadership, guidance, mentorship and performance management to the finance staff in the organization. Oversee and manage the accounting, tax, insurance, budget, credit and treasury and capital structure functions ensuring that the interests of all stakeholders are served.
- Review and direct capital allocation
- Leverage a detailed understanding of ‘what’s driving the numbers’ to act as a key strategic and operational contributor to the overall growth of the business.
- Play a key role in M&A processes, supporting corporate staff with strategy, due diligence, transactions and integrations.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place for the benefit of all stakeholders.
- Manage relationship with audit firm for annual audit/income tax activities and all related matters.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports.
- Serve as a champion for enterprise excellence and the maximizing of value creation.
- Ensure that finance organization is structured and sized so as to be optimally aligned to the needs of the business.
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants.
- Manage investor relations with a view to accurately yet positively representing the company in the public and financial marketplaces. Ensure that communication remains a top priority throughout.
- Manage banking and other stakeholder relationships.
- Manage financial relationships/contracts with investors, suppliers, customers and partners along with the CEO and other team members.
- Ensure compliance to statutory and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Effectively manage the company’s cash and securities positions and drive any supplementary initiatives deemed necessary by the company.
- Remain informed about the business, put measurements and reporting dashboards into place enabling real time assessment of performance and ‘what’s over the horizon’.
- Ensure that IT is not only aligned to the needs of the business but enables its growth.
- Attend Board and Subcommittee meetings; including being the lead staff on the Audit/Finance Committee.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization’s needs.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – Toronto
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Consults widely for business or technical advice, probes for facts and obtains information from a wide variety of sources. Differentiates the critical from the irrelevant or trivial.
Draws parallels across situations and contexts. Divides problems into their individual elements. Develops several explanations or alternatives. Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner. Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience. Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- A minimum of 10 years of senior financial management experience preferably in technology or related industries
- Public company experience
- Numeracy and fluency with numbers and their relationships.
- Attention to detail critical.
- The ability to lead, to communicate clearly and articulately, to monitor and express strategy to both inside and outside constituencies
- The ability to put value creation into perspective and know what makes the business tick – a strong business understanding
- Solid strategic thinking skills and a track record in successfully applying them
- Successful M&A experience a plus
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package for the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact
|Bob HebertStoneWood Group, TorontoBus: 416-365-9494 Ext. email@example.com||Natália ScodinoStoneWood GroupBus: 416-365-9494 Ext. firstname.lastname@example.org|