THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Lightspeed (TSX: LSPD) is a cloud-based commerce platform powering small and medium-sized businesses in approximately 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, it’s an all-in-one solution that helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favorite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has grown to over 800 employees, with offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
For more information visit: www.lightspeedhq.com.
Scope of Position
With an ambitious goal of transforming global commerce through innovative solutions and heightened customer focus, Lightspeed now seeks to bring on a Vice President, Corporate Communications & Investor Relations. The position requires superior communication skills, and an adept ability to partner with executives, the press and key internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President, Corporate Communications & Investor Relations will proactively develop and implement a strategic global external and internal communications program consistent with the company’s overall corporate aims and objectives.
- Craft and execute a comprehensive communications plan and PR strategy that is consistent with and supports the company’s corporate strategy growth objectives.
- Develop messaging and talking points as needed to articulate corporate vision and values, including message development, social media content creation and media outreach.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers, investors and customer audiences to further the company’s brand, products and positioning.
- Ensure digital marketing content aligns with the company’s brand identity and message and assist with marketing initiatives as required.
- Produce and execute a targeted communications plan to broaden the current shareholder base and educate stakeholders on the company’s progress.
- Advise executive management concerning significant trends, competitive landscape, shareholder concerns that may impact the company.
- Work with HR to create an internal communications plan that communicates the company mission and values while developing and strengthening employee engagement.
- Utilize social media to generate publicity and help grow overall social media presence for the company and it’s solutions.
- Build a plan for crisis communication and act as the organization’s public information officer in the event of a crisis event.
- Develop, implement and direct a comprehensive investor relations strategy and plan that is aligned with the Company’s current business plan.
- Act as the primary shareholder contact, building relationships with members of the investment community including analysts, bankers, institutional sales desks, retail investors and proxy firms
- Proactively convey all material updates using a variety of communication mediums that adhere to current disclosure requirements and regulatory filings and answer inquiries in a responsive, professional and timely manner.
- Provide channels to facilitate a transparent, two-way exchange of views and information between Lightspeed, investors and analysts.
- Upon request, review sell-side analysts’ draft research reports or financial models for factual accuracy based on publicly disclosed information. Work with portfolio managers and other market analysts in support of their financial analysis of the Company.
- Plan and organize roadshows and participate in appropriate industry and financial conferences for the CEO, CFO and other members of the senior management team to attend as appropriate.
- Write press releases on Company developments and produce a variety of communications collateral including up-to-date investor packages, fact sheets, industry backgrounders, and corporate presentation.
- Prepare speeches for quarterly conference call to discuss the financial results of the Company.
- Monitor developments of comparable public companies and track and benchmark competitors’ performance on key financial and operational metrics.
- Provide message development and editorial counsel in connection with the writing of the Company’s annual and quarterly financial reports.
- Provide planning and direction for the Company’s Annual Meeting, quarterly conference calls, investor conferences, and presentations
- Oversee the drafting and dissemination of all information releases to newswire services. Produce and update all news releases, presentations, corporate materials, and collateral.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Previous senior leadership experience in a corporate communications and investor relations role of a public dual listed on TSX and NYSE/NASDAQ company, ideally a SaaS company.
- Ideally a Bachelor degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field with a track-record in communications strategy development.
- Proven track record of building positive long-term relations with the investor and analyst community.
- Strong financial acumen and an ability to hold one’s own with financial professionals. Thorough knowledge and expertise in capital markets and performance metrics for public companies. Deep understanding of valuation and financial modeling techniques used by investors and analysts.
- A persuasive communicator with superior written and oral communication skills coupled with a client-centric, responsive orientation.
- An ability to translate and articulate company and industry information in laymen’s terms will be more important.
- Ability to travel for road shows and investor meetings; thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to hone a narrative that is aligned with the corporate vision; to “see what’s around the corner” and steer the company on communications rather than operate reactively.
Individuals exhibiting the following competencies will be viewed favourably:
- Focused on creating a learning culture
- Creates an inclusive and respectful culture
- Results and accountability oriented
- Demonstrates resilience in the face of change
- Exhibits an entrepreneurial spirit
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive and innovative compensation package which will be discussed with serious candidates
If interested, please contact
StoneWood Group, Toronto
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 233
StoneWood Group, Toronto
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 221