THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Client is a leading organization at the heart of Canada’s Internet. They shape our country’s Internet infrastructure, employ cutting-edge technologies, and push the bounds of possibility. Client manages Canada’s .CA domain name registry, develops and implements policies that support Canada’s Internet community and is a prominent voice on issues of national and international importance relating to Internet governance.
With over two and a half million .CA domain names registered and growing, Client has experienced significant growth over the last few years and has been named as one of Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium sized employers for 2015 and platinum status for 2016 and 2017.
Scope of the Position
Reporting to the President & CEO, you will be responsible for improving Client’s market position, achieving revenue growth and developing new channels to market across a growing product line including traditional registry services and new DNS offerings. You and your team will build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions while contributing to long-term organizational strategic goals. You will work closely with Product Line Management, Marketing, Development and Corporate Services to undertake business development, grow sales opportunities and maximize revenue for the organization from domestic and global markets.
- Assume responsibility for setting and achieving annual bookings and revenue targets for Client’s domestic and global business across all product lines
- Provide business development leadership across the organization to coordinate and facilitate strategic opportunities
- Lead a team of direct sales people, channel management staff and product support/customer service personnel to maximize revenues and partner/customer satisfaction
- Work with the extended Client’s team to develop key opportunity strategies and proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives within the established parameters of Client’s business plans and commercial sales gating processes.
- Develop and continuously improve sales processes to prospect and close new direct clients in domestic and global markets
- Establish and administer ongoing sales management discipline including establishing sales targets, forecasting, managing opportunity pipelines and ensuring that targets are met by Client’s sales team.
- Ensure the adoption and use of customer relationship management software to track, record and report on opportunity status and account activity.
- Report on key information and metrics to the Senior Leadership team, as necessary, and ensure timely and consistent monthly reporting to the Corporate Services team.
- Leverage and grow your personal network to build relationships with client decision makers
- Facilitate interaction between client decision makers and Client’s senior management team and practice leaders.
- Develop strong relationships and rapport with channel partners and key accounts in order to achieve business objectives.
- Lead the development and evolution of effective channel strategies for the sale of Client’s products and services
- Represent Client at industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on industry trends.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, develop and refine Client’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that demand generation, promotion and business development initiatives are fulfilled in a timely manner (e.g. marketing campaigns, new product launches, events/conferences, etc.).
- Develop and administer effective sales compensation plans, approved by Corporate Services.
- Manage recruiting, training and mentoring for team members.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction; Clarifies roles and responsibilities; Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Encourages others by creating enthusiasm, a feeling of investment and a desire to excel; inspires others to follow and a healthy attitude to work by recognizing positive contributions.
Adopts an energetic approach; Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks; Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Recognizes when change is necessary; Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives; Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change; Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Has a reputation for execution and delivery; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve/exceed them.
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- University degree and 10+ years of B2B global sales and sales management experience in a technology sector.
- Experience developing and implementing short and long term sales plans, goals and objectives.
- Track record of implementing programs for prospecting new clients and generating new business.
- Experience managing indirect channels to market including partner performance, recruiting and channel programs
- Demonstrated ability to develop, negotiate and close strategic opportunities.
- Financial acumen to support analysis and recommendation of commercial deals and channel programs
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Excellent listening and presentations skills.
- Familiarity selling technical solutions, preferably with internet industry experience
- Experience in selling subscription-based, annual recurring revenue services
- Strong research and analytical skills. Ability to analyze sales and market trends to create plans to capitalize on industry changes.
- Project a confident, professional image.
- Comfortable actively participating at an executive management table and presenting to a board of directors.
Client offers a fast-paced, challenging work environment in a dynamic, growing organization full of talented team players. Client provides competitive salary which includes a base and variable, generous benefits, and a world-class office location in the heart of downtown Ottawa.